Springs install with damper control

mercules

Reaction score
Just thought I'd ask on here. Does anyone have a S4 with damper control and successfully had Eibach or alternate aftermarket springs installed?

I've had a garage say that it needs to be disconnected to change the springs and as it's very sensitive and they would rather not touch it.

I've had another garage who didn't bat a eyelid at it but said they haven't done one before so I've counted them out.

Also what did you pay labor does £500 sound reasonable?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have DRC and had my H&R springs fitted last year with no problems, works fine. It took them about 2hrs and I think I paid about £125 for the fitting

I have DRC and had my H&R springs fitted last year with no problems, works fine. It took them about 2hrs and I think I paid about £125 for the fitting
Thanks that way less then my two quotes I'm waiting for couple more Audi indy garages to quote me.

I'm assuming they didn't mention anything about the drc? I have a feeling it's irrelevant and doesn't need touching to take the springs off but I'll need to dig around further.

From memory I think they said it was straightforward just one connector on each shock for the wiring. The most differcult bit is the front upper arms as the bolt is notorious for seizing so they undid the arms at the chassis.

From memory I think they said it was straightforward just one connector on each shock for the wiring. The most differcult bit is the front upper arms as the bolt is notorious for seizing so they undid the arms at the chassis.
Thanks Cerbera

You do need to unplug the shocks and the plugs get brittle and easily break. I broke one rebuilding my front suspension to sort a knock.

Reactions: mercules
The shocks have motors/valves in the base of the shock which need disconnecting. No other additional pipes or complexity is used on this design.

Reactions: mercules