1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Spring Rates and Specs

WEAVZ79 Apr 29, 2020

1. WEAVZ79

WEAVZ79 New Member

Does anybody have the details of the various different spring rates / lengths / part numbers etc.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. WEAVZ79

WEAVZ79 New Member

Please help me with this as my tyre's are constantly rubbing the arches over bumps in the road. Specifically I am trying to find any information on the 'rough road' specs for the C5 Quattro. Also with regards to the weight ranges / categories am I right in assuming the higher the number or alphabetic letters e.g. DQ the more weight that component can take.

4. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

@DPM maybe Damian can advise you

5. couchie

couchie New Member

What wheels do you have please ?
    Width , diameter and offset (et) ??
    What tyres please ??
    Width , diameter and aspect ratio please ?
    I have lowered suspension with 235’s on 18’s and there is plenty of clearance !!

6. WEAVZ79

WEAVZ79 New Member

Hi Couchie.

Wheels are genuine Audi 18 x 8j with a ET43 offset.

The tyres are 235/45/18 on the front and 245/45/18 on the rear but its the front thats the issue.

What model is your car?

7. couchie

couchie New Member

Hi ,
    I drive a A6 2.5tdi quattro , and you ?
    Do me a favour and take a photo of the tyre data behind the fuel cap please ?
    Ta

8. couchie

couchie New Member

I think I see your problem , 45 on the aspect ratio is a bit much , I think it should be 40 !!!!
    I run 235 40 18 summer and 235 45 17 for winter .

9. WEAVZ79

WEAVZ79 New Member

Why would summer and winter have any difference? 40 / 45 is such a small margin. What info is the fuel cap going to give you if im not running a standard set up?

10. couchie

couchie New Member

You have just answered your own question !!
    You are running the wrong size tyres , the fuel cap numbers will give you the size you need to match from , if you have not got 18’s on your fuel cap then you would need different suspension uprights to accommodate them ,
    So looking at the fuel cap sticker tells us everything !!
    I don’t need to look at it , I can tell you your non standard set up is not compatible !
    It’s not rocket science , leave your suspension alone and fit the right size tyres !!

11. WEAVZ79

WEAVZ79 New Member

Couchie, its called modifying. A small increase in height will fix the issue and provide a better set up for my **** local roads. Reducing the aspect ratio will get me round one issue but cause exactly what I am trying to avoid as there will be no flex in the sidewall. The original question was to do with spring rates.