Sprayed calipers ?

matt.russell

Reaction score
Was wondering if I should spray my calipers yellow.. I saw I blue merc Benz with black alloys and yellow brakes looked really good!

Here is is what my car looks like now..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 453
Reactions: ElliotB
I corrected myself, misread. May be you could try that colour
Calipers

What brakes did the Merc have though?!?!?!

If you have "standard" brakes then they should only be silver or black...

If you have something nice to show off... 6 / 8 pots or ceramics, then go mental with the colours...

just IMO of course....but people that highlight little 1 or 2 pot calipers confuse me... it's like saying "hey, check out my tiny brakes"

:uhm:

Reactions: ElliotB
"If you have "standard" brakes then they should only be silver or black..." - agree 100%

Reactions: 45bvtc
Yeah it had like 4 pot calipers.. Yeah I've been umming and arring about it that's why I've not done it yet.. I've only got standard calipers on mine.

your choice at the end of the day... not my thing... and TBH, even my 8 pots are black...

I do like the newer Merc calipers... they look huge!

Yeah I know I what you mean.. I was stuck between a merc, bmw and audi but I went for the audi because it's sooo nice and merc's remind me of my grandad lol ..

I don't think it would look to bad, however like others are saying it might look a little silly showing off standard brakes. Love the look of your car though only thing I'm not to keen on is the yellow-ish looking fog lights is that a mod or?

I think they yellow fogs are quite popular in europe, especially around France and Germany.
Although it isn't my cup of tea :) lol

These are my standard callipers painted black with sline decal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 417
Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and ElliotB
Yeah I thought it would look a bit cheesy but they actually look pretty good and hard to tell that it is a sticker. No amount of pressure washing is bringing the buggers off anyway.

Looks good. I have stickers but didn't put them yet on the calipers, thinking they would not survive pressure washing. My stickers are in red should look good with my set up
View attachment 29346

Yeah will look good I cleaned them first and heated up with a hot air gun a bit and they stuck like s##t to a blanket gave them a wafting over with the hot air gun after sticking them on just to make sure the glue had activated, I have scrubbed and blasted them and not even a sign of any peeling and I have done prob over 5k miles too and they still look like the day I put them on.

Where's the best place to buy calliper paint?
Is spray can or paint tin better?

I know you can pick them up from anywhere like Fleabay or Halfords, but where did you lot buy yours?
Thinking of going Red.

Yeah got them from eBay wasn't much I don't think, they came with 3 different sizes I just used the smallest I think. I used tin paint and a brush to paint but spent a while prepping all in all it was a full days work, seemed to take forever to dry even with a big diesel space heater blowing on them. So make sure you have a full day to do them or you may be caught short lol

On my old Tdi i had the front yellow and the rears green... looked ok actually haha

I'm going to spray my calipers this weekend ! Nice yellow I don't care if people think it looks crap I think it will look good and if it doesn't then get the scrubbing brush out lol.. And I got my spray from a local parts store £6 high temp paint :D

Arh that's cool! I'm buying these now! Are they good looking on the car or are they really rubbish ?

they are crap, fade, fall off... and are sooo obviously fake, they wouldn't fool Stevie Wonder in a dark winters night...

but apart from all that..... :w00t:

Yeah got them from eBay wasn't much I don't think, they came with 3 different sizes I just used the smallest I think. I used tin paint and a brush to paint but spent a while prepping all in all it was a full days work, seemed to take forever to dry even with a big diesel space heater blowing on them. So make sure you have a full day to do them or you may be caught short lol

I painted mine red this year, but not sure if I like them

Yeah will look good I cleaned them first and heated up with a hot air gun a bit and they stuck like s##t to a blanket gave them a wafting over with the hot air gun after sticking them on just to make sure the glue had activated, I have scrubbed and blasted them and not even a sign of any peeling and I have done prob over 5k miles too and they still look like the day I put them on.

Same decals as I have got on mine. I gave the once over with the girlfriend's nail varnish lacquer and they are still like new 2 years later!

Reactions: SI-W85 and Macdoon
So just got mine done in red by someone but they seemed to have missed a few spots if you look close in person.
So gotta do the final touch ups myself but here's what it looks like a the moment.

Still getting used to the bright red, hoping it will go darker over time.
The decals are only on the front wheels since the ones I bought on ebay are too big for the rears.

2014 04 24 144905

2014 04 24 144928

2014 04 24 144850

Looking really really smart! Really like your car buddy ! Can't wait to spray mine now! I'm going to buy s line stickers now me thinks :D

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3