Spotters Thread For 8V Chassis

Seen a dark grey sedan s3/rs3 modified playing with a white nissan 370 i think on the m8 heading towards newbridge about 17:30. Anyone on here

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Saw this RS3 in Hawes whilst I was on holiday in the Yorkshire Dales, not a fan of blue cars but it looked lovely in person.

E2mRjFY.jpg

Reactions: Stu+mel, Audi Bairn and BarryG79
Saw this RS3 in Hawes whilst I was on holiday in the Yorkshire Dales, not a fan of blue cars but it looked lovely in person.

E2mRjFY.jpg
great car, but more importantly, did you go to Hawes chippy?

guess that means another visit is needed! where else did you visit? im quite local to these parts

All over the place honestly, stayed in Kilnsey, near Grassington, it was a lovely place, definitely going back at some point.

Reactions: MattSedg
White fl sportback s3, 7am on the greenodd to coniston road today, nearly stopped in your tracks by a dozen ducks on the road

White S3 Saloon FL registration Sx xx JOJ at Kincardine this morning

Very nice white A3 Saloon on A92 Kirkcaldy - Dunfermline around 1 ish today.
Reg x x BRU
I’m sure that’s someone on here??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ara Blue S3 Saloon M56 onto M6 on Sunday afternoon.

Sepang blue S3 Sportback Trafford Ctr car park two spaces up from me.

Navarra Blue S3 Sportback M61 near Horwich this evening

Anyone on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E2mRjFY.jpg
Thanks, it's mine, it's my third rs3 I've had so shows how much I like them

Reactions: MattSedg and Kayobong
Lovely blue S3 FL at Monza campsite this weekend. Anyone on here? Didn't get a chance to take a pic before we left unfortunately.

Ara blue S3 identical to mine but 18 plate, near barrow on Sunday, aswell as a Glacier S3 a little bit later on, near ulverston?

Ara Blue Black ed. Sportback with with all important roof rails at Greenodd roundabout today at 5:15 ish

Fellow Ara blue S3 sportback parked in Grantchester/Trumpington road. 18 plate.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Blue 65 plate S3 3dr northbound on the M3 08:30 this morning. Lovely shade of blue... just a shame about the nasty gash on the drivers door continuing onto the quarter panel doh!

FL SB at Redding, Falkirk Tesco today
f9323c5f90d3fbef15e0bde444c4f64b.jpg

Reactions: BarryG79
FL SB at Redding, Falkirk Tesco today
f9323c5f90d3fbef15e0bde444c4f64b.jpg

Ara blue is nice colour and it’s nice with chrome as well.
Annoyingly I never saw an s3 in ara blue before I got mine and now I see them everywhere. One round the corner from me and yesterday at the multi-storey car park I saw 2.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rolly12
Ara blue is nice colour and it’s nice with chrome as well.
Annoyingly I never saw an s3 in ara blue before I got mine and now I see them everywhere. One round the corner from me and yesterday at the multi-storey car park I saw 2.

It is a nice colour eh. My car is totally manky with the current conditions.

Can't take my eyes of them door protectors :wtf:

Yeah they’re not great are they :blink: Functional but not aesthetically pleasing lol

Reactions: MattSedg
It is a nice colour eh. My car is totally manky with the current conditions.

Yeah they’re not great are they :blink: Functional but not aesthetically pleasing lol

Ford have being doing these for years, can’t believe other manufactures don’t do the same.

Reactions: GGP, Audi Bairn, MattSedg and 1 other person
This you back over this way on a daily basis now then?

Sure is Barry, keep an eye out for the Navarra Saloon

Ford have being doing these for years, can’t believe other manufactures don’t do the same.

Good idea but ok just wait till one day it fails or the motor packs up and you slam the door......gulp

Good idea but ok just wait till one day it fails or the motor packs up and you slam the door......gulp

It's not on a 'motor'... I'm pretty sure they're connected to the door hinge, so the chances of them ever failing are pretty low. Plus, the whole external bit is made from rubber, so shouldn't cause any damage. These are a great idea... typical Ford really. Heated windscreen anyone?

Reactions: Audi Bairn and BarryG79
It's not on a 'motor'... I'm pretty sure they're connected to the door hinge, so the chances of them ever failing are pretty low. Plus, the whole external bit is made from rubber, so shouldn't cause any damage. These are a great idea... typical Ford really. Heated windscreen anyone?
They can and do fail when the blade for whatever reason does not retract when the door is closed. This will usually break it but can also cause paintwork damage to the door at the same time. Ironic when this is exactly what it is designed to protect.
They have been a discussion point on a Ford forum I am still a member of so this is where I heard about the failures. Admittedly the failure rate is very low relatively speaking, but given the choice I still wouldn't touch them with a bargepole!
I had the chance to specify them on a previous car.
The main function of these door edge protectors is to protect other cars. They are a good idea in principle, but to be properly effective all new cars need to be fitted with them and not just be a cost option on a couple of models in the Ford range.
Yes heated windscreen is a great thing, I do miss this. :(

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Trying to think what it was.

White S3 on the M4 just before the M25 junction on Friday, 2:30? Maybe. Sounded to be having some fun :D

sparkling navarra sportback with all the chrome and roof rails going into ambleside yesterday i think

Vegas Yellow S3 SB with matching S3 Yellow number plate heading west on M9 from Edinburgh towards Falkirk today.
Definitely not running standard exhaust!
Sounded very nice, possibly res delete maybe??

Reactions: Audi Bairn
s3_zafra.jpg.614dd3d0aa1d48ccc9ca52d6367b15c9.jpg

Reactions: Mark_86, Kondax, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
RS3, not S3, but i'll fire it in here anyways.

Black RS3 saloon on buttertubs pass, with a m140/135 and a mini. All out for a spirited drive....I could hear the RS doing some courtesy revs from a couple hundred feet up the side of the fell!!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and oli356
Vegas Yellow S3 SB with matching S3 Yellow number plate heading west on M9 from Edinburgh towards Falkirk today.
Definitely not running standard exhaust!
Sounded very nice, possibly res delete maybe??

Think that was me lol it's a 3 door running decat and rez delete stage 2 :thumbs up: