Spotters Thread For 8V Chassis

At 9.30 today (Saturday 25th) Black 3 door S3 leaving the Great Sutton area heading towards Chester/Chester Zoo, you were going across the roundabout. I pulled across the front of you heading for Costco//M53 from the Cheshire Oaks Audi direction :)

Think that was me! The usual place I go knocking about. I think I do remember seing another S3 around that time because I said to myself that I dont really see hardly any of them around me!

Think that was me! The usual place I go knocking about. I think I do remember seing another S3 around that time because I said to myself that I dont really see hardly any of them around me!
Well 'HI' then :)

I'm always around that area/Chester/Wirral, start of the reg is N88 so easy to remember, also a help for heroes football kit in rear window on drivers side & a think bike think biker sticker in back window ;)

The picture says it all:

20150513 175435

Just seen a white S3 in tinshill heading towards me, didnt get the reg but i waved at you ( Red S3 )

Today, 13:58. I saw a black S3 Sportback waiting at the lights on the crossroads of Dulwich Village and Calton Avenue. I was in the OH's F-Type. Sorry I didn't wave or flash.

Today, 13:58. I saw a black S3 Sportback waiting at the lights on the crossroads of Dulwich Village and Calton Avenue. I was in the OH's F-Type. Sorry I didn't wave or flash.

How do you find the F-Type? It's on the shortlist for my mid-life crisis after the S3 :)

How do you find the F-Type? It's on the shortlist for my mid-life crisis after the S3 :)

I would give it an 8.5/10. We have the full fat "R" version. It's great fun to drive and looks spectacular. However, it drinks petrol (I drove it from central London to Oxford last week and it gorged itself on just over 3/4 of a tank). Also, the novelty of all the pops and bangs eventually wears off. It gives you a headache and makes you feel incredibly self conscious around town. You can turn down the exhaust, but it's still noisy.

The OH loves it though, and she delights in scaring me to death in it when I'm a passenger.

Reactions: Psyman79
I would give it an 8.5/10. We have the full fat "R" version. It's great fun to drive and looks spectacular. However, it drinks petrol (I drove it from central London to Oxford last week and it gorged itself on just over 3/4 of a tank). Also, the novelty of all the pops and bangs eventually wears off. It gives you a headache and makes you feel incredibly self conscious around town. You can turn down the exhaust, but it's still noisy.

The OH loves it though, and she delights in scaring me to death in it when I'm a passenger.

Don't think i'll be lucky enough to get an R but might stretch to the S. Loved them since i first saw one, quite liking the whole Jag range at the moment. Guy at wifes work had a white convertible F and traded it in for a Panamera :puke:

Don't think i'll be lucky enough to get an R but might stretch to the S. Loved them since i first saw one, quite liking the whole Jag range at the moment. Guy at wifes work had a white convertible F and traded it in for a Panamera :puke:

Ours is white (with black wheels, obvs). I think it's the best colour. We got the hard top, as when we bought it the convertible was only available in the slightly watered down, but still 500bhp, V8 version. The convertible is now available in the 550 and in 4x4. If we were getting one now we would probably go for the R convertible. No idea why anyone would go for a 4x4 version. All the power going through the back wheels adds to the experience/levels of fear.

Jag are certainly on a roll. They don't have a weak car in their line up, and the F-Pace being launched next year looks like it could take a lot of people away from X3s, Q5s, Macan etc.

Chopping in an F-Type for a Panamera... that's essentially proof of a mental illness.

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant and Psyman79
Nardo grey S3 SB with black pack in Gloucester city centre about 5.30. Looked amazing.

S3 Black Sportback. I didn't catch the Reg. On the A6 just up from the A14 passing Burton Latimer. About 4pm

And an S3 HB black. Parked in wadcroft carpark Kettering. Can't remember the reg but did see a Vindis sticker on the back. About 4.30.

Black S3 HB at riverside Tesco's Dundee today.

Reactions: Madmo
Nope wasn't down there today. Was up at Tesco kingsway tho..lol

Reactions: Madmo
I was in traffic in London near Regent Street two weeks ago and spotted a red S3 Saloon. The driver saw me, nodded, and I gave him the thumbs up. Nice.

White S3 SB on A58M Leeds around 5.30pm today...

White S3 convertible on the A404 near Marlow this evening S3 reg but can't remember the letters. Got a thumbs up which I returned. I was heading back up to Northamptonshire.

This morning around 8:15 M40 Eastbound on the uphill section J3 Loudwater, Brilliant Red A3 HB must have been doing more than 100 mph chased by a BMW 1M :wtf:

I've seen enough accidents on the motorway over the last couple of weeks, I don't want to see another....

Red S3 saloon on the Marlybone Road, London, eastbound, yesterday evening. Was behind me for about ten minutes (mini convoy!) before I turned off at Euston...

Two in Macclesfield today!

One Sepang 3 door with silver grille and one red

Been around Durham and Weardale and over the moors to Hexham today for a run out and saw 3 saloons (Black, White, Grey) and three SB A3's but didn't see another S3. Loads of ******** bikers though.

Estoril SB this morning just outside Windermere. Looked nice in the sun. :)

Sepang blue S3 Convertible parked at the White Rose Shopping centre in Leeds this afternoon.

Sepang Blue S3 Saloon (without the black pack) in St Albans this afternoon.

Blue Sepang S3 going southbound yesterday morning just after Silverstone

Blue Sepang SB driving along the dam wall at Shearwater Lake on Friday. Had to do a double take as I thought it was my Mrs bringing me my sandwiches while I was fishing!

Reactions: amped2
Blue Sepang SB with TEZ **** plate I think, turned off the East Lancs A580 this afternoon behind me in my white S4. Lovely car, stunning colour!

Don't usually bother reporting spots as Aberdeen is awash with S3s, but today was different: Monsoon Grey 3dr (like mine) one car in front going into Stonehaven around 17:30, then two minutes later a Daytona Grey 5dr one car in front leaving Stonehaven! And for good measure an Estoril 5dr back in Aberdeen (although see this one regularly (I think)...

Hadn't really appreciated quite how subtle these cars actually are in Grey!

2317, Whitehall. Blue S3. Not sure if it was a 3 or 5 door, or what shade of blue it was, as it was dark and I am tipsy. Sounded nice though, cruising along, burbling away.

Reactions: Marino85
Red 15 reg etron SB by the car feeding station at Green Park in Reading 8:30pm this evening.

Never realised the electrical charging connector was behind the Audi rings in the front grille.

Don't usually bother reporting spots as Aberdeen is awash with S3s, but today was different: Monsoon Grey 3dr (like mine) one car in front going into Stonehaven around 17:30, then two minutes later a Daytona Grey 5dr one car in front leaving Stonehaven! And for good measure an Estoril 5dr back in Aberdeen (although see this one regularly (I think)...

Hadn't really appreciated quite how subtle these cars actually are in Grey!

I've only seen a couple of S3's down my neck of the woods.
However on Wednesday around 12:30 i drove from Bond heliport and saw 7 S3s buy the time I got to the shell petrol station at the start of the A9. A red HB and Sepang saloon parked next to each other in the car park next to Bond. A red SB at the haudagain roundabout 2 monsoon SB and a Estoril further down the road. A glacier White SB down at the Bridge of Dee.

Nobody ever seems to see me but i seem to see everyone else :(

Reactions: JohnM100, Flibble, Madmo and 1 other person
Was behind an S3 saloon coming out of Sainsbury's Pepper Hill earlier,15 plate in what looked like Monsoon Grey,Very nice