Spotted one tonight.

Was it an 8Y? If so, it's a shame that people like that are finding their way into these already. It inevitably happened with my previous M car and Impreza too.

Was it an 8Y? If so, it's a shame that people like that are finding their way into these already. It inevitably happened with my previous M car and Impreza too.

Yes an 8Y.

Driven like that to get in front, trouble is you get people thinking look at these 2 Audi idiots, when I couldn’t be less interested in the Green muppet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS03??? and flybynite
Muppet in a Green Saloon just now, undertaking / overtaking to try to get in front when he spotted me in busy traffic.
XR53 BAD……..all windows tinted so you can’t see in.
One thing that’s bad about RS3 ownership, T I T s like this.
Have to admit it is one of the reasons I like the old 8V, unless you are really looking it could be TDI, attracts fewer idiots. Was the same in my old M3 or the Merc, most didn't give it them second glance.

8Y stands out a bit too much for me. Ironically though no-one felt the need to be an *** around me in the Esprit, don't think their two brain cells could work out what it was or whether they would end up looking a fool.

Reactions: RS03??? and 8YARWY
Yes an 8Y.

Driven like that to get in front, trouble is you get people thinking look at these 2 Audi idiots, when I couldn’t be less interested in the Green muppet.

MOT-Check shows it as a expired 2012 White A3. So may be a false plate.!

I'm keeping my eye on those M3 Touring prices and when they get sensible I might jump ship lolView attachment 269302
I keep looking at them, even went to see one, it just doesnt do it for me, I dont understand how the M135 in the one series sounds so sweet and the M3/M4 engines just sound awfull, even Petro Ped said the engine 'is what it is', theres an awfull lot around as well, BMW seemed to have removed all of them from their website at the moment, last week when I looked there were about 50 or so for sale

Have to admit it is one of the reasons I like the old 8V, unless you are really looking it could be TDI, attracts fewer idiots. Was the same in my old M3 or the Merc, most didn't give it them second glance.

8Y stands out a bit too much for me. Ironically though no-one felt the need to be an *** around me in the Esprit, don't think their two brain cells could work out what it was or whether they would end up looking a fool.
The problem for me with the 8V was that it blended in too much, be hard to pick an 8V RS3 out in a line up of S Line's and TDI's.

Happened to me with my V10 R8, clown in an EVO in the middle of Town at 5mph dropping back then rushing up behind giving it the big noise and turbo dump, Tosser

The problem for me with the 8V was that it blended in too much, be hard to pick an 8V RS3 out in a line up of S Line's and TDI's.
Horses for courses I guess, I have always picked a sleeper when I can or gone the whole hog the other way. Capable sleepers are harder to come by now unless EV and they do nothing for me in many ways.

Still to this day one of the best cars I had was a pre-dpf Focus diesel. I picked that over the more exotic machinery more times than not for the ease and inoffensive way it covered ground and dealt with idiots and other traffic.

Reactions: Mike.46
The logic for choosing my current 5 series was similar. Wanted something under the radar that doesn't attract twats while packing a V8.

Attachments

• PXL_20231126_125410684.jpg
    PXL_20231126_125410684.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 66
Reactions: kayemill and drgav2005
coming back from Glencoe I spotted a kyalami green vorsprung saloon on a private plate on the Loch Lomond road was in a kyalami green Sportback

Reactions: kayemill
Muppet in a Green Saloon just now, undertaking / overtaking to try to get in front when he spotted me in busy traffic.

XR53 BAD……..all windows tinted so you can’t see in.

One thing that’s bad about RS3 ownership, T I T s like this.

Maybe the one on YouTube refusing to pay for a tyre? Plate looks familiar

Edit - not that one..

Spotted a 23 plate in Ambleside today. Some kind of exclusive blue.

I'm warming to the M3 Touring/Saloon & M4 Coupe more and more as it ages lol and those discounts set in. It's a lot of car for the money when they start dropping below 50-60k . . .

Now there's a mild facelift incoming I think the prices are going to drop a bit more might be time to jump ship!

Anyone had a go in a G80/G81/G82 M3/M4? How did they compare to the 8Y? I've heard the ride can be a bit on the firm side day to day . . .

Anyone had a go in a G80/G81/G82 M3/M4? How did they compare to the 8Y? I've heard the ride can be a bit on the firm side day to day . . .

Yes, that is why I prefer the B3 Alpina, Same engine, more torque, better suspension and no stupid front end.

Unsurprisingly though the prices are holding better than the M3.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK