Sports seats or super sports seats?

mattydan2016

Reaction score
Looking to buy a PFL RS3 new (yes, there are still some around) or used. Not sure whether super sports seats are a must or not. They look good i know. Does anyone have a view on whether they the are: (a) more or less comfortable, and (b) more or less supportive that the regular sports seats

Who cares how they feel. They look great!!!

Plus i can't remember the sports but my SS are really nice to sit in, i don't get a bad back in them (i always have bad backs and pains in other cars)

Reactions: AudiNutta
Look great imho although can't get electric movement eg standard chairs have a leccy option. Imho standard seats will hurt resale values though.

TX.

Looking to buy a PFL RS3 new (yes, there are still some around) or used. Not sure whether super sports seats are a must or not. They look good i know. Does anyone have a view on whether they the are: (a) more or less comfortable, and (b) more or less supportive that the regular sports seats

They look OK but they don't delivery on the support front unless you have a really large frame. I had bruises down my left thigh from my last track day from trying to stop myself (89kg body) from sliding around.

At least the standard seat have some grippy Alcantara fabric on the back support, I hindsight I would definitely not have ordered the SSS option.

Sent using Tapatalk

Super sports seats are supremely comfortable & supportive for regular road driving ... & look amazing !!!

I agree SS seats look good but actually I find the standard sports seats just fine. comfortable and supportive.

Standard seats with Alcantara.
Much better wearing than the SS leather.
Alcantara trumps leather for me, every time!

Don't do a RS3 a with A3 S-Line seats...because..they are just that...lunar silver SS seat show less wear,Red embossed stitched SS seats look the biz,but are rare and awesome

Ahem.

IMG 20151111 144013

TX.

Reactions: RS3 S., AudiNutta, Spaceman_RS3 and 1 other person
For what they are, all show, no go. For the price premium these seats should have far more support for those that track or just drive aggressively, along with some premium features (memory and cooling seats would be nice).

They are pretty but not as functional as they should be.

Reactions: Jassyo06
For what they are, all show, no go. For the price premium these seats should have far more support for those that track or just drive aggressively, along with some premium features (memory and cooling seats would be nice).

They are pretty but not as functional as they should be.

l totally agree,if Audi done Lunar silver seats in the RS3,like they do in the S3...I would gives these a miss,as l hate Audi's gash/cheap looking standard black/grey leather seats with a passion, SS seats do lack a lot of lateral support,but at least they are all leather, the upper panels on the S3 SS seats are velvet,as for being totally electric/air cooling....come on....its a Hyper hot Hatchback not a executive express

l totally agree,if Audi done Lunar silver seats in the RS3,like they do in the S3...I would gives these a miss,as l hate Audi's gash/cheap looking standard black/grey leather seats with a passion, SS seats do lack a lot of lateral support,but at least they are all leather, the upper panels on the S3 SS seats are velvet,as for being totally electric/air cooling....come on....its a Hyper hot Hatchback not a executive express
Live in a warmer climate and cooled leather seats are the happiest place you want to be.

I've been looking to get my seats replaced with something like wing back recaros, however, the airbags are mainly the issue.

Live in a warmer climate and cooled leather seats are the happiest place you want to be.

I've been looking to get my seats replaced with something like wing back recaros, however, the airbags are mainly the issue.

Yeah living in a warmer country...Seat cooling would help....so would lunar silver leather Super Sport seats...but they are what they are am afraid

Well for me the super sports seats are spot on.

I don't want bucket seats gripping or cutting into me ... I want supportive comfortable seats for road driving & for that they are perfect.

They add an extra touch of class to the interior and love the perforated diamond quilting & contrast stitching.

They have the appearance of an S / RS car.
In my S5 they were standard and think they should be on the RS3, even if not the S3.

By all means offer bucket seats for those that want them, but not me.

Agree regular seats are a bit plain looking but still perfectly acceptable albeit slight less supportive than the super sports seats.

Reactions: RS3 S. and Radman
Had a test drive of the new Tiguan last week.

It was exactly the same as the one in the advert, pretty smart looking.

Anyway, it had anti fatigue seats! You press a button and after every few miles, you get a short shiatsu massage in the seat back..... That was a very, very nice option.
Wish Audi offered that!

Maybe Audi should get in contact with Recaro...lol...standard Audi A3 seats have no place on a 367bhp RS car end of.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and rcnacura
The MTM RS3 R has RS6 style seats, much nicer imho see image below:

mtm-s-geneva-offensive-goes-from-hybrid-vw-t6-hot-van-to-opulent-800-hp-audi-s8_20.jpg

TX.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
The MTM RS3 R has RS6 style seats, much nicer imho see image below:

mtm-s-geneva-offensive-goes-from-hybrid-vw-t6-hot-van-to-opulent-800-hp-audi-s8_20.jpg

TX.

Jesus I'm not sure about that pattern on the top of the arm rest and sides of the centre console lol !

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Terminator x
Had a test drive of the new Tiguan last week.

It was exactly the same as the one in the advert, pretty smart looking.

Anyway, it had anti fatigue seats! You press a button and after every few miles, you get a short shiatsu massage in the seat back..... That was a very, very nice option.
Wish Audi offered that!

They do in new s4

Maybe Audi should get in contact with Recaro...lol...standard Audi A3 seats have no place on a 367bhp RS car end of.
Agreed, a guy at work has a new RS3, but with the standard silver wheels (which don't look good IMO) and seats, so I can at least be a bit smug that my seats are nicer than his haha :p

Super Sport seats should be standard in the RS3, with either Recaro or the R8 / TT(?) buckets as an option.