Facelift Sports exhaust

Ed_rx7

Reaction score
anyone know what one is worth?

A mate has one for sale... like new, done 2500 miles

Would say it’s worth between £500 and that of what you would pay Audi for it as an option (£1k)

If I had a standard exhaust, I think I’d personally pay around £600-£650 max for it 2nd hand. One of the best options you can spec on the car and it would also add resale value and be more attractive for a potential buyer when you come to sell. Sports exhaust would be a must for about 75% of Audi RS owners in my opinion, especially on a sweet sounding 5 pot.

Reactions: DW81 and FBF01
Hardly any around though, imho worth £1k all day as it would cost way more than that from Audi.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: FBF01
Who me?..... haven’t got anything

Hardly any around though, imho worth £1k all day as it would cost way more than that from Audi.

TX.

8V0 253 181 L which is the sport exhaust cost almost exactly £1k brand new from Audi, at least here in Sweden.

TX.

When I saw the invoice for my Warranty replacement it was just shy of £1400.

When I saw the invoice for my Warranty replacement it was just shy of £1400.
Pretty much the best exhaust available certainly for the PFL so good vfm that.

TX.

As an RS3 noob - apart from extra noise, are there any performance gains from the sports exhaust?

If not as standard, is it less restrictive for those of us that would tune?

Pretty much the best exhaust available certainly for the PFL so good vfm that.

TX.

I was at one point thinking Milltek for my car, but if I spend any money on an exhaust it would probably be to the PFL backbox... Aoon was convinced that the tone change is all down to the backbox, there are visual differences.. one of the main ones is the slim crossover pipe between the backbox outlets on the one side.

Reactions: RS4B5
Personally i can't hear anything wrong with the FL exhaust.........

Pay £1200 to have a little crossover pipe and to make the car sound like a.........um, RS3 :sadlike:

Bonkers......

Reactions: dno_uk, Deep penetrator, AB RS3 and 1 other person
As an RS3 noob - apart from extra noise, are there any performance gains from the sports exhaust?

If not as standard, is it less restrictive for those of us that would tune?

Hi mate, I don’t think there is any performance gains at all from the standard to sports exhaust upgrade, if there is they are probably minimal that you will not notice, may be wrong just my opinion of course.

Pay £1200 to have a little crossover pipe and to make the car sound like a.........um, RS3 :sadlike:

Bonkers......
You've just got used to it Sean + coming from a GR ;)

TX.

Reactions: T-800

Bonkers......

No there isn’t anything wrong with it, I get the rattle at low speeds and low revs around town, try to ignore it.

I wouldn’t go to Audi and spend that kind of money on what is basically the same system, but if one came up on eBay for £500 I’d consider it to likely get rid of the irritating valve rattle. I’m not talking about the start-up rattle, one while driving.. I’ve got the replacement exhaust, cba to battle it out with Audi anymore. When I get back in the UK I’ve got a test drive booked to look at my dog rough Haldex.

Hi am in 2 minds about dpf removal. Just want to make sure that before I go stage 2 I have a guy who will MOT pass on emissions

Bonkers......
JUST STRAIGHT PIPE IT when I get my bottom back in a pfl rs3 yes not a fl one purely because of the sound it's going full straight pied front to back no valves

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Terminator x
Lol what happened to the swear filter ;)

TX.

Reactions: T-800 and AudiNutta
Sorry sometimes these words are needed when expressing something your passionate about

Reactions: AB RS3, KKOG and Terminator x
Didn’t want to start a new thread to ask this so thought I’d mention it here :grinning:

Basically I’d like to know if they are any differences between a RS3 that has a sports exhaust to standard exhaust system, ie tuning / engine coding for louder pops and bangs etc. Reason I ask is I may have found a perfect spec car at a decent price but only downside is it doesn’t have the upgraded RS exhaust. Could I get away with just buying one and getting it fitted?

Didn’t want to start a new thread to ask this so thought I’d mention it here :grinning:

Basically I’d like to know if they are any differences between a RS3 that has a sports exhaust to standard exhaust system, ie tuning / engine coding for louder pops and bangs etc. Reason I ask is I may have found a perfect spec car at a decent price but only downside is it doesn’t have the upgraded RS exhaust. Could I get away with just buying one and getting it fitted?

Well the PFL always has different mapping for more pops I’m sure, the FL I’m not sure and what does it matter anyway because it doesn’t pop when you’re driving.. it’s often I sit there blipping haha.

Changing the exhaust would get you the enhanced sound.

I would imagine that the sports exhaust Audi have made will have perhaps a different acoustic make up to the standard one perhaps? Aren’t the pops and crackles mapped identically on all the FL cars regardless of having a sports exhaust like they are on the PFL model?

Sorry sometimes these words are needed when expressing something your passionate about
REALLY? . Sorry is not a magic word that fixes everything. Swearing is not allowed on the forum. There are consequences for breaking the forum rules. Please remember that for the future

Reactions: jdp1962 and RS4B5
Well the PFL always has different mapping for more pops I’m sure, the FL I’m not sure and what does it matter anyway because it doesn’t pop when you’re driving.. it’s often I sit there blipping haha.

Changing the exhaust would get you the enhanced sound.
Yeah it’s a PFL RS3 so would just be looking at swapping from the standard exhaust to the Audi sports exhaust. Is there a huge difference between the two? (Having not driven one yet)

Yeah it’s a PFL RS3 so would just be looking at swapping from the standard exhaust to the Audi sports exhaust. Is there a huge difference between the two? (Having not driven one yet)

Big difference in the mapping I believe, many more pops with the sports setup on the PFL.

I think the sports exhaust is a lot louder itself. Plenty of comparison videos are online.

Reactions: Bells