Sports Cats

creechy

Reaction score
What hi flow sports cats are people using, got a milltek cat-back system but the matching sports cat is a bit steep. Are there any other bolt on solutions other than the 034 motorsport one.

How close to the downpipe would a sports cat have to be? Would one be ok just after the flexi?

Did you use stainless creations Kevin?

Wanted to ask the same question. Can cat be further back or has to be straight after turbo?

Further under is fine but it takes longer to warm up is all and becomes a low spot. So try not to cloat it

I put mine in the stock position, right after the turbo.

I consisderd putting it underneath just after the flexi, as the factory V6 models have their cats here, but the heat shielding on the 1.8T is less and i didnt want to cook the propshaft CV joint so i just put it in the stock place. Plus as mark says, the flexi is already the lowest part under the car and often gets scraped already, putting an expensive cat down there to get smashed instead i decided wasnt a good idea.

The V6 cats are flat on the bottom and shaped to fit so they dont stick down under the car.

The sound of mine totally changed with the sports cat. It has a factory S4 exhaust fitted and with the stock cat sounded basically like a factory exhaust. With the sports cat and 3" downpipe it has a very prononced rumble, and rips nicely when pressing on, but is also properly silenced with no drone or annoying blare that you often get with performance exhausts.

What about fitting cat in place of the first silencer?

Yeh possible, but it might be quite difficult to get it hot enough to actually work.

Sports cats are already less effective than "proper" ones, and combined with the lower temperature you might find it doesnt actually do enough to pass an MOT

Reactions: slepy