Sportback trim

I’ve taken my trim off when I fitted the rear dash cam.

I didn’t find any instructions so winged it a little, taking it steady. Let me see if I’ve got the photos. There are a couple of fasteners you have to watch out for.

This is the rear of the panel once removed

Attachments

• 52BB80FF-D7C1-4625-BB06-3B6284EFDA7F.jpeg
    52BB80FF-D7C1-4625-BB06-3B6284EFDA7F.jpeg
    714.6 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: Dusty Des
This is the interior of the tailgate. The red marks are tape that I put on to show where all the fasteners are so I knew where they were when refitting.

Attachments

• 2BDEE919-2F60-43F5-8136-3DE2C524F16D.jpeg
    2BDEE919-2F60-43F5-8136-3DE2C524F16D.jpeg
    380 KB · Views: 139
I’ve taken my trim off when I fitted the rear dash cam.

I didn’t find any instructions so winged it a little, taking it steady. Let me see if I’ve got the photos. There are a couple of fasteners you have to watch out for.

Thanks Buck
Great tip about marking clips.
Will be ordering a rear camera and fitting my dash cam soon so this will be very helpful

The push button for the tailgate (if it fits like others I've seen) it may be an idea to pop that out and unplug it before pulling the tailgate trim off. Again if it's like others it will just be a slide on electrical clip that will only fit on one way. It just stops any potential snapping of a wire if the tailgate drops as you pull it off, as all the weight of the tailgate would be pulling/hanging on that switch/wire.

Also try to pull it straight off, (I can't see how those clips fit exactly) but some clips slide onto the trim and then push into the body. If you let the trim slide to one side you may find that the clips slide out of the trim and stay in the car body. If that did happen a tool such as this is ideal https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/am-tech-door-upholstery-remover-553777400