Sportback Privacy Glass - any pictures?

benw123

Reaction score
Has anyone got a Sportback with privacy glass? And if so, could they post up some pictures please? I'm interested to see what it looks like and which glass panels are tinted.

I've seen one at the dealers, only the back passenger and rear quarter windows are tinted.

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen one at the dealers, only the back passenger and rear quarter windows are tinted.

[/ QUOTE ]
What about the rear screen?

Umpteen places will do the whole car though.

Couple of blokes have had their (non-company) cars done here.

For an idea of cost,bloke got his entire Celica done for £ 180,so a Sportback might be around £250-£280 ?

[ QUOTE ]
Couple of blokes have had their (non-company) cars done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, tinted windows...Scottish weather... night driving.....

Sounds like a nice recipe for pulling out in front of some one if you ask me.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Couple of blokes have had their (non-company) cars done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, tinted windows...Scottish weather... night driving.....

Sounds like a nice recipe for pulling out in front of some one if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a tint,not paint... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It's not my cup of hot-sick like.

Lol, a guy I used to work with used to drive like that only worse. You couldn't get anybody in the seat behind him as he'd virtually have the drivers seat fully reclined and drove while just about laying down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Did he use phrases such as 'I is a bad boy, init'?

That seems to be the vocab limit of the reclined seat possy round here (usually not visible through the tints)

I'm enquiring because I am considering some tint for my Sportback, but only for the rear passenger windows, quarterlight and rear glass. I wanted to see what the Audi privacy glass option looks like, so if I go ahead with it, the aftermarket work I get done will at least be sympathetic to the factory option.

And it's not for the pimped-out look! We've got a baby on the way and I can't stand the look of those window blinds with the silly smiley faces and glass-suckers. I'd only go for a light or medium smoke as well.

Hi there

The links to any pics on this thread seem to no longer be available.

Can anyone post a link to a pic of a sportback with privacy glass please?

Many thanks

I was at my local Audi dealer yesterday and they had a black sportback in the showroom with the privacy glass.

If no one else posts up a pic I'll try and get one at the weekend.

Ben: Did you go off the idea of having yours tinted?

J.

That would be perfect as that's the colour I am thinking of ordering.

If you get chance I would be greatful, but don't make a special trip, I am not going to order until post Xmas.

Cheers
:beerchug:

Be careful with aftermarket tints, Bell Direct will only insure cars with factory tints so you may limit your insurance options.

Take a look in my gallery. The factory tints on my Luxembourg spec car are rear side, rear quarter and boot glass. It looks pretty dark from outside, but doesn't seem so dark from inside. I think the tint level is about right and I have no problem to see out the back. I took tints instead of the factory option pull-out blinds that you might also consider.

Hi Benw123, I was recommended to the Car2Tint by the sales guy at Huntingdon Audi, apparently they have all their aftermarket work done there. They quoted me £160 for side and rear on Sportback but I haven't had mine done yet, paintwork repair first then tints pehaps. http://www.car2tint.co.uk

MattW said:
Be careful with aftermarket tints, Bell Direct will only insure cars with factory tints so you may limit your insurance options.

Sorry I wasn't more specific, was only planning on the factory tints for b-pillar backwards...

marriedblonde said:
Ben: Did you go off the idea of having yours tinted?

J.
Hi MB, I just kind of forgot about it! The idea was to get it tinted for the baby more than anything, although for now his car seat has a cover to block out the sun.

BrianM said:
Hi Benw123, I was recommended to the Car2Tint by the sales guy at Huntingdon Audi, apparently they have all their aftermarket work done there. They quoted me £160 for side and rear on Sportback but I haven't had mine done yet, paintwork repair first then tints pehaps. http://www.car2tint.co.uk
Thanks Brian - that's a fantastic price too, and it just so happens I recently had a service at Huntingdon whom I was very pleased with. If they use these guys it's worth a call! Will look into it.

marriedblonde said:
Not keen on having those kiddie blind things stuck to the windows....
Exactly! Those garish smiley faces and dozens of sucker marks all over the glass - no thanks! :puke2:

Got mine with the factory privacy glass,from the outside they look really dark but from inside they're not that bad,the rear screen is tinted as well as the rears doors and quarters,will post some pics tomorrow.

Here you go
Audi001.jpg

Audi003.jpg

Hello all,

Was about to get my new a3 tinted but wanted to look at a factory match..Does anyone have any pictures of 2010 onwards with factory tints?

Cheers

T

I've got some factory tints. Back windows and rear screen. It's pretty dark. I'll get some pics up later as i can't use photobucket at work :sadlike:

Not sure about the percentage but it is really dark. It might look darker because my car is white though lol!

i have pics of my SB with tints although they are not factory tints... and from the guys were saying at the meet yesterday its like murder :ninja: