Sportback hatchback trim removal

Carlin4737

Reaction score
Hi all, just in process of installing dash cam but having trouble removing hatchback boot plastic trim. I've removed the two screws behind the warning triangle recess but it won't shift, it's loosened off a bit with the two screws removed, kinda wimped out on forcing it just in case I break something. Have searched this site for info but it through up no results. Any ideas gents please.

Hi all, just in process of installing dash cam but having trouble removing hatchback boot plastic trim. I've removed the two screws behind the warning triangle recess but it won't shift, it's loosened off a bit with the two screws removed, kinda wimped out on forcing it just in case I break something. Have searched this site for info but it through up no results. Any ideas gents please.

Take a look at the blackvue install here.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...d-a-blackvue-dr650gw-2ch.248726/#post-2673153

Hatchback trim removal is easy enough presuming u have trim removal tools.

Regds
Jungle

Thanks Jungle, I've managed to install the cable for the rear view camera from the front of car right up to the rubber boot in rear of car with no problem, Just need to remove the hatch boot plastic trim to finish off. Tried to force it off as best I could but it won't budge. Have had a good read of the thread you posted , thanks.
Just need to get the upper plastic cover trim off as in pic below

Reactions: Satory
Thanks Jungle, I've managed to install the cable for the rear view camera from the front of car right up to the rubber boot in rear of car with no problem, Just need to remove the hatch boot plastic trim to finish off. Tried to force it off as best I could but it won't budge. Have had a good read of the thread you posted , thanks.
Just need to get the upper plastic cover trim off as in pic below
View attachment 91342

It will come off. Remove the plastic plugs at the top on each side then slowly work your trim remove tool along the edge on each side. There are metal clips holding it into place, as you work the trim removal tool along and around the edge you will hear them edge out. Do not force them, work slowly and they will come.

IMG 7872 edited

IMG 7873

IMG 7877

Reactions: Carlin4737, Satory and Rob2k68
Clips are located here :-

Reactions: Carlin4737, jungle650, Satory and 1 other person
Thanks Rob2K68 and Jungle650 for the pictures etc, had another go tonight and managed to persuade the panels off, cable installed and panels back on. Just the power cable to do now. I take it that the window pillar trim unclips in a similar maner after the plastic clip with "airbag" written on it is removed ?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Thanks Rob2K68 and Jungle650 for the pictures etc, had another go tonight and managed to persuade the panels off, cable installed and panels back on. Just the power cable to do now. I take it that the window pillar trim unclips in a similar maner after the plastic clip with "airbag" written on it is removed ?

Once you remove the plug in the pillar which states " airbag" you can loosen the pillar to place the cable along the edge. You probably dont need to fully remove. Just tuck the power cable down the edge of the windscreen and pillar then tuck around and down into the lower trim to bring the power cable into the fuse box location. All dets are in the Blackvue install threads. Make sure you look at both threads.

Rgds
Jungle

Reactions: Carlin4737 and Rob2k68
Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear, didn't have chance to finish off tonight so hopefully will have time tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your help.

Reactions: jungle650 and Rob2k68
Just to confirm I've taken my trim off after work and it was a bit daunting at times when pulling on the parts but keep getting getting at it and use trim removal kit to slowly prey at it. Putting it all back in took less than 10 secs! lol

Reactions: Rob2k68