Sportback build dates?

Update from my lease company on my 2.0 TDI S line ( ordered end of Nov)

"The vehicle has been built & is awaiting shipment from Germany. This can take several weeks & we'll let you know when we have an update"

My original delivery date was 28th June, so I should get the car quicker than that I'd have thought :unsure:

Anyone have prior experience of typical wait times for shipping from Germany ?

2 to 4 weeks, but the launch event isn't until the 16th of March. Your lease company shouldn't release the car before then, but it's not unheard of for them to do so. You never know!

Had it confirmed my A3 SB build kicked off earlier this week so I guess I wait until its shipped and then await the official launch date which I gather is 16 March.

Apparently the SB was offically launched in Ireland on Monday 11th Feb with a few cars dotted around the country.....

SB launch is this weekend in sweden, i think im getting mine in 2 weeks, build date was 2 weeks ago

well, that was too good to be true... got a call today from dealer, production issues on my car, two-three weeks its been sitting in the factory half assembled. Apparently they have a shortage of certain parts, dealer didnt know what part though, but it was probably xenons or some option i picked.

I'm looking to order a SB soon. Can anyone tell me what the no cost option non smoking package changes on the interior?

Thanks

I'm looking to order a SB soon. Can anyone tell me what the no cost option non smoking package changes on the interior?

Thanks

Vertigo1 kindly answered the same question for me a while back and seemingly the audi cup/ashtray and the usual 12v cig lighters are the smoking pack so if you opted for non smoking pack the cup is simply not given to you and the cig lighters get replaced by wee plastic 12v plugs.

I've decided to stick with the smoking stuff as the wee plastic bits looked well plasticky and I guess i can always use the Audi cup for something :)

I ordered my 2.0 TDI S-Line on 12th February and it's been scheduled for build week 12!! Hoping to take delivery mid April. I ordered mine with Sytner Leicester and as they have a large dealer allocation it seems to be going through the system pretty quickly.

Just had a call from the dealer to say my SB S-line 1.4tfsi is in the paint shop, will be through final assembly by end of tomorrow. Delivery expected in time for the 16th of March launch event.

Getting close now!

I ordered mine early in November and have been waiting patiently ever since. Hadn't heard anything, not even a build date. Was getting a bit worried with some of the concerns over delays with Xenons and roof rails or whatever. Finally cracked and spoke to the dealer earlier.........

............... Its been built already :yahoo:and is waiting for the boat. So chuffed.

Dealer sounded confident for an early March delivery (depending on customs etc) which would be superb.

I odered my Sportback 2.0 tdi S line on the 13/10/12 and have build week on week 12 popped into dealer yesterday and says i should have it some time around the 7th April but may move earlyer or later this week lwts hope it comes early it has been so long waiting now.

Was told late this afternoon that my lovely new SB is in Edinburgh - twas a very nice surprise :p

As expected I've to wait until UK release before handover (boo).......but at least the car is with the dealer and the countdown is on :beerchug:

I have the urge to go have a look at the car, but part of me says no wait and see it once PDI has been done and I'm taking delivery :think: decisions decisions.....

Update from my lease company:
My stock date has moved forward 3 months to 20th March :rockwoot:(2.0 TDI S-Line)

Can't wait :cool:

My s-line SB arrived at Emden yesterday morning ready for shipping across the channel to Sheerness. How long it sits there now is anyone's guess! Dealer is still hopeful of an 18th March handover date.

Ordered mine last Friday and looking at delivery late April

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361986506242628

Couldn't resist it popped by the showroom and my new SB all wrapped up.

Well chuffed it looks fab!

very nice. I've gone for same monsoon grey with the same wheels as you and the alcantara seats. How did the wheels look? worth the extra?

Not getting a SB but just got a phonecall saying I can pick up my 3dr next tues :racer:

I spotted another new SB in Monsoon Grey (Sport) at the dealer and the standard wheels looked very smart indeed...and I must admit I did think 'hmmmm maybe I should have opted for standard' but having seen my own car a few minutes later (albeit covered in tape \ protective wrapping) I'm so glad I chose the kinetic wheels - both sets of alloys look great but yeah I think it was worth paying a little bit more :icon_thumright:

Here's a few more pics I took a bit bigger than my earlier pic......not sure I dealer thinks I'm a bit mad or just like a big kid :jester:

IMG 0578

IMG 0580

IMG 0577

IMG 0576

Reactions: viperfire
Could actually cry!
First I got told June, then got my hopes up stating it could come late April early may and now all my hopes dashed been told could be end of July!!!!!!!!!!

Mine is Monsoon with Kinetics so thanks for the pics.

My dealer is trying to get the car delivered to Cork from Dublin tomorrow for a delivery on March the 2nd. If that fails it will delivered on Monday for collection on Tuesday. I had intended delaying till the following Saturday if that was the case but I doubt I'll have the patience.....!!!!

There's nothing quite like the experience of picking up a new car - especially one built to order.

Last edited:
My car is now in the UK, I think that was 3 days from Factory to Sheerness - pretty quick! Dealer should be receiving it within the next few days, hoping to get some pics of it soon :)

My build week is end of April. Does anyone know how long it typically takes from that point to the car being delivered?

My build week is end of April. Does anyone know how long it typically takes from that point to the car being delivered?

My build week is next week (w/c 4.3.12) and I have been told to expect delivery the first or second week of April.

A more accurate delivery date will be known towards the end of next week.

Hopefully, I will get the car just after Easter!

Mine was built last week. It normally takes around a month to get across and be ready for collection, but can be faster. I'm hoping it will be a little quicker, so I can have it the week after launch.

Just bumped into salesman from tonbridge audi, said to him must have been busy yesterday !! And how many A3 SB left the showroom? He said technically they aren't allowed to let any SB's go until 16th march when they get there general release ? Said his got a few ****** off customers as there cars are sitting out back of the showroom!!!

Mine moved to confirmed build week for week 11 (next week) yesterday morning. Starting to get impatient now!

Is it correct to assume that once an order is placed, it is still possible up to a cut off date to tweak the specification?

if so what is the likely cut off date for build week 18?

I think it varies, but 4 weeks before your estimated build week was the guideline given to me when i ordered.

Thanks mjcourtney - with a build week of 18 that give me some time to check that the correct spec/options have been ordered.

The only thing to be aware of is if your build week is suddenly bought forward (has happened a lot recently), then your window to make modifications may suddenly close. Best bet is to keep asking the dealer for updates if you're considering ammending anything.

The dealer has emailed me today to say that my Sportback is now confirmed build week 12, so should be here early/mid April! Not bad for saying I only ordered it on 10th Feb, just shows that Sytner are well looked after by Audi.

The dealer has emailed me today to say that my Sportback is now confirmed build week 12, so should be here early/mid April! Not bad for saying I only ordered it on 10th Feb, just shows that Sytner are well looked after by Audi.

mine was ordered 6th of feb and been told July now! Wonder if its due to the sunroof! With leeds audi part of sytner group! Just want it now! ( stamps feet)