Sportback Boot Liner

squiretolley

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can get a boot liner for the SB?

I've heard that the one for the 3dr doesn't fit with the boot floor on the lower level, can anyone confirm?

Cheers

I have the boot mat in my 3dr. You're right, with the boot floor lowered, it doesn't fit properly as the hinges at the bottom of the rear seats get in the way. it still goes in mind you, just doesn't lie totally flat is all.

For me the reversible boot mat is almost useless. I got it as I often have dogs in the back and wanted to protect the rear bumper from scratches, using the fold out flap that it comes with. So you fold the flap out, then load the boot, then you can't fold the flap back in as the boot is now loaded. Just seems like a bad design. Didn't quite know what to expect when I ordered it,but it doesn't work for me.

My mate has the rigid boot liner in a Golf mk6, which contains all the mud and stuff, (although it does not protect the bumper), but this is not yet available for the 8v I don't think.

I find it useful for stopping stuff sliding around in the boot quite so much plus when I have the back seats down and taking loads of crap to the tip or something, it just adds a layer of protection.

Vertigo, do you have the one that covers the folded seats? If so, where did you get it from?

Buy a cheap off cut of black or grey carpet (corded type perhaps) from your local carpet shop and cut it carefully to the correct size - use a cardboard template if necessary. Cheap, scrubbable and the chances are you'll have enough to replace it if you need to.

Today's top tip was brought to you by Bootcarpets 'R Us. Suppliers to value hunting prestige car owners up and down the land since 1994 (when I bought my first car.......)

Good thinking. I'm going to try and squeeze the one from my Golf in there.

For me the reversible boot mat is almost useless. I got it as I often have dogs in the back and wanted to protect the rear bumper from scratches, using the fold out flap that it comes with. So you fold the flap out, then load the boot, then you can't fold the flap back in as the boot is now loaded. Just seems like a bad design. Didn't quite know what to expect when I ordered it,but it doesn't work for me.

My mate has the rigid boot liner in a Golf mk6, which contains all the mud and stuff, (although it does not protect the bumper), but this is not yet available for the 8v I don't think.

Just an update on this....

I have now lifted the floor to the higher level so the mat lays flat. I have turned it so it is rubber side out. And when the dogs are in I roll up the fold out flap so it sits back in the boot.

This does make the boot fairly small, but its good now that the flap is doing its job of protecting the bumper from scratches etc.

Thought you'd all like to know :)

Can you confirm the part number to order please
thanks
Chester

I ordered the reversible load liner with my car. To be honest, I'm finding it pretty useless. As has been said, it doesn't fit properly on the lower load setting and isn't likely to protect much at all. It's just a very expensive carpet mat.

In all my previous Audis, I've had a flexible load liner which is constructed from waterproof foam with a ridge all around the perimeter (about an inch high). My worst nightmare in any car is a leaking carton of milk which this would adequately protect. These aren't yet available to my knowledge, but I'll be ordering one as soon as they're released. The last one cost about £40.

Not if you corner like I do :D

Ha ha. I tend to take it easy with any groceries or takeaways in the boot. My A4 has some fantastic hooks which drop down from the parcel shelf to hold bags which could keep almost anything upright. I was a little disappointed with the A3 ones in comparison.

I remember one occasion forgetting about the takeaway and getting really carried away. The end result was chicken curry all over the boot floor. The foam tray saved the day, but I went through a boxful of bounty kitchen towel cleaning up and it was MY curry that got spilled.

Needless to say I tend to remember now if there's stuff at risk of spilling!

Carpet and scissors.......all you need.....

Been there...

Unfortunately it does nothing for spillages of fresh milk or curry! The foam liner for £40ish protects against that.

I called my local dealer this morning and they are available now. Part number is 8V4061180 and the price quoted was £66.67 plus VAT (£80) which I'm not too pleased with! I'm assuming it's this one: Audi A3 8V Boot Liner - Semi Rigid Sportback 5 Door

Apparently it's now rubber and better quality, but the foam ones I've had in the last four cars were fine. The A4 one is £44 with a boot twice as big, as well as the 8V 3 door having the foam option at £40. This is exactly what I want, but in Sportback fitment. Audi A3 Flexible Load Liner - 8V3061160

How hard can it be? Grrr.

/Rant Over :mad:

It also looks like it won't fit so well with the floor panel in the lower position, and the boot space seems quite limited in the raised position.

I had a rubber boot liner thrown in by my dealer. Collected it last week after being on order. It only fits with floor panel in raised position flush to the lip of the boot.

Not had a chance to fiddle with it yet as been overseas.

Beats the sports cap or coffee cup I could have chosen though I quite fancied the golf umbrella ....

Sheesh.....£95 and it STILL won't fit properly with the boot floor at its lowest setting due to the protruding corners. I'll get my scissors out and hunt down some kind of thin rubber or equivalent on a roll I think.

Seriously, £95 for a boot mat that isn't fully fit for purpose. Extortion. Shame on you Audi !

Reactions: hittchy
Hi guys,

Just thought I would share this with you. Found a SB bootliner that fits, is good quality (IMO) and doesn't cost nearly £100!

Got it from The Roof Box Company (Car Roof Boxes | Bike Racks | Roof Bars - The Roof Box Company) for the cost of £40.45 inc. delivery.

Seems very similar to the Audi one but for a fraction of the cost. I've attached some photos, I hope this helps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,279
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 2,503
Reactions: andy203, Karl Alesbury, AJB and 4 others
Which level is the boot floor set at in the photos? Mine's on the lowest level and apparently that's when the liner snags in the back corners.

That's at the high level, I haven't noticed it snagging when I fitted it to the lower level? Seems to fit really well at either level.

It looks good and very similar to the Audi one.

Is it foam, rubber or plastic?

Product details say it's plastic but looks more like rubber in the image.

It's plastic but with a good non-slip rubber coating, I haven't seen the Audi one in the flesh but I agree it looks very similar to it. Got to admit I'm really impressed with it. Only took 24hrs to get here with the std delivery. Great service.

May have to get one of them myself when my car arrives!

Cheers for this chappers. I think I'm pretty convinced and will probably order one rather than wait for Audi to get their act together.

Any chance of a photo on the lower setting of the boot floor if you get a chance?

Would like to get one but the price of delivery to NI makes it cost as much as Audi's own...

Sorry for the delay Hittchy, photo as requested. I hope it's useful.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,793
Sorry for the delay Hittchy, photo as requested. I hope it's useful.

Brilliant. Thanks chappers. Looks like it fits perfectly.

I'm sold - order going in. :icon_thumright:

Nice one chappers, ordered mine today ready for my delivery on 10/6/13 2.0tdi Daytona Grey, heated seats , comfort pack, sat nav s- line cannot wait now!

My boot liner arrived today (they had been out of stock), excellent fit! Very pleased with it :)

Last edited:
Just received a Rhino boot liner which fits brilliantly. They're made to measure to the extent that you can choose upper or lower floor position, high/low back, rear seats folded or up. £74. Can't speak highly enough.DSC00268 DSC00269www.rhinouk.co.uk

Blimey, that's a substantial boot liner! Looks good for the price considering that's how much Audi wanted for the basic boot floor liner.

I will stick with the liner mentioned earlier, but its good to know there are more options available.