Sportback automatic boot lid issues

Barcs79

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I picked up my facelift A5 earlier in the week and i keep having issues with the auto boot lid opening
Every so often when using the key, boot catch or foot sensor (with C&S pack) it opens about an inch and I get four quick beeps, one lower then three high pitched.
If i shut it again manually it seems to sort itself
There are no obstructions and I’m standing back so could it be a faulty sensor somewhere?

My 2017 Sportback occasionally does the same, but without any beeping, possibly because I don’t have the C&S Pack.

My 2017 Sportback occasionally does the same, but without any beeping, possibly because I don’t have the C&S Pack.
Does it only happen as a one off each time or do you get it a few times in a row? I can’t seem to work out any pattern to it on mine to pinpoint the issue

No, I would say it only happens once, normally the first opening in a while, then it’s fine. I just put down to cold dampers/struts.

That’s a safety feature that it’s sending it has either hit an obstruction or has thinks it has been set not to open fully (mine will not auto open when I have my toe at for the bikes plugged in.)

Try resetting the tailgate opening distance And see if that sorts it? If not I suspect it’s a faulty sensor as you mention.

Reactions: Barcs79
Thanks. I tried resetting the height a couple of times and today was the first time it gave me the beep and indicator flash to confirm so I’m hoping that solved it.

Quick update for anyone interested/reading with the same issue - after a while with no problems It started again and on closing. Back at the dealer and it turns out the motor for the mechanism needs replacing.

Good that they’ve found the fault and are sorting this.