Sport steering wheel

Mike.M

Reaction score
Since getting the sline steering wheel, I am thinking of selling my VGC original sport one but not sure what price to sell it at or should I just keep the ****** LOL.

Does £30 plus postage sound reasonable considering it is not worn, scratched or anything really.

Here are some pics to give an idea.

542A4B19-54C9-4190-89AC-90F1B954F332_zpszgewhi8u.jpg

a009cc019ca9c6e656d180b5b21ae029_zpsesxyp6xb.jpg

How difficult is it to replace? My sport steering wheel is that worn it now has a mirror finish on it and if it's not too technical to swap I may be interested.

Not hard at all.

You will need to swap over your horn push plate under the airbag which has three bolts which is simple also, otherwise fitting is the reverse or removal.

Any ideas on the postage cost? mine steering wheel is pretty scratched up, think the previous owner must have let their dog drive!..
Been toying with the idea of replacing it.
I take it you disconnect the battery to remove the airbag? just wondering, on the vid the steering wheel was moving easily to get access to the screws on the back?.
Do you remember off the top of your head what size torx bit is needed to remov the wheel? looks like a big ******!

How difficult is it to replace? My sport steering wheel is that worn it now has a mirror finish on it and if it's not too technical to swap I may be interested.

My mk4 golf steering wheel was very shiny after it's 150k mile use, I bought a £1 flash magic eraser (something like that anyway) and that improved the look massively, gave it a more modern matt look.. worth a shot if they're still £1 your local supermarket.

Postage is about £10 with compensation cover via UPS for UK delivery, looking at a quick quote on their site.