sport exhaust vs non sport

Roger Yung

Reaction score
Hi, I have the non sport exhaust on my 2019 and was thinking of getting the OEM sport exhaust. Has anyone had the experience to hear both from inside the car? If so, is there a noticeable difference? I've seen a couple of youtube videos of both exhausts, but it's always from the outside. Just want to know if it's worth the upgrade. I would have opted for the sport exhaust when I ordered the car if it didn't require the red calipers.

Regards

I test drove a 2019 RS3 with non sports exhaust and expected my 2019 RS3 with sports exhaust to be louder, not much difference in what I can hear so slightly disappointed although still sounds good.

I had the sports exhaust on my PFL and now have the standard exhaust on my FL. Sports exhaust on the PFL much noticeably louder especially with the pops and bangs, standard exhaust is just quieter and less raw but suits me fine as I found the sports a bit too much after while.

Reactions: Riko0073
Hi, I have the non sport exhaust on my 2019 and was thinking of getting the OEM sport exhaust. Has anyone had the experience to hear both from inside the car? If so, is there a noticeable difference? I've seen a couple of youtube videos of both exhausts, but it's always from the outside. Just want to know if it's worth the upgrade. I would have opted for the sport exhaust when I ordered the car if it didn't require the red calipers.

Regards

I am puzzled, surely ordering the Sports Exhaust when ordering the car, then just repainting the red callipers to your colour of choice on arrival would be less expensive.
Not sure the cost to buy and install sports exhaust but I expect it to be very expensive.

You must then have the Standard FL RS3 and not the Sport Edition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the RS3 with sport exhaust and is not loud at all. I'm even thinking to change my sport exhaust and buy Miltek or something similar. Is really disappointed the sound even with sport exhaust.

Reactions: seventeenapg
There is no red calliper option anymore is there? I just got mine with sport exhaust, and previously test drove one without. I don't think you will notice it inside the car one bit, but you certainly will with the windows down through tunnels or standing outside of the car. I'm glad I specced it and had tested done without. The new RS3 is quiet enough with the new OPF setup, it needs the sport exhaust IMO to have the right feel. And despite the pops and bangs lovers naysaying the new setup (understandably), I can attest it does still sound great, if slightly more civilised puttering around, and still sounds like a flipping supercar though tunnels and under bridges. :)
Agreed on the sports exhaust, cabin is quieter but from the outside I’ve had many people comment how they can hear it from a way off and sounds great, suits me without the pops and bangs...just means I drive with the window or sunroof open more!

My 16 plate RS3 had the sports exhaust & for me it a must have. Only down side was the ''cold morning'' start noise at 05.00 when i left for work. Sounded even louder on a cold winters morning.

I had the sports exhaust on my PFL and now have the standard exhaust on my FL. Sports exhaust on the PFL much noticeably louder especially with the pops and bangs, standard exhaust is just quieter and less raw but suits me fine as I found the sports a bit too much after while.
Audi have dialled out a lot of the pops and bangs in the FL. I have MY'18 saloon with sports exhaust and am disappointed in the sound compared to the PFL model.

EU regulations and probably the bad press the PFL received with asbo bangs and pops it created.
Audi made a rod for there own back on this one that as left the new models sound where we are now.
It’s not like certain makes and models of cars before the 8v didn’t have shot gun bangs and cracks with various mods added to them, just seems the 8v as copped a lot of the press and now everyone wants there car to sound like it.

All the EU does is dream up new laws to pass, like everything needs to be regulated ad nauseam. /rant over... roll on Brexit

Aye the pops and bangs were a pretty surprising move by a manufacturer, and you're right everyone wants the pops and bangs now in their tunes, as if a fart cannon on a cross isn't enough. I think as much as the bureaucrats want to suck the fun out of performance automobiles there is likely an element of it falling out of fashion. I know the OPF gets a lot of hate, but hearing the 5 pot without the tuned in noises is actually very nice, but I'm probably a bit bias. That said the sport exhaust is a must have, and having just installed a CETE controller, it really improved the tones and its greta to hear the turbo whistle now.

Roll on Brexit, get rid of that unelected bunch of loonies in the EU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: D0C