Sport button & infating seats

Sno

don't knock it til uv tried it
Reaction score
quick question for owners with bucket seats.

I've just got my RS4 and when I press the S button the seats do tighten agains my legs and ribs. I feel though, that when I use the switches to tighten the seats more, they seem to get firm then kind of ease off within a few seconds.
Is there a certain way I can set them in the position so it remembers the next time I press the S button?

I thought the seats would stay at the position I set them to.
So the next time I press the S button they would go to my preset position.

Is it possible my seat isn't working correctly?

Can someone tell me how they are meant to operate.

Cheers guys,
Chrs

Hi,

Did you ever get a fix to this prioblem ? My 2006 RS4 does exactly the same. As soon as I reach max inflation, they seem to deflate - slowly.

Very ann:uhm:oying.

Thanks.

Gareth.

Thats how they should work. They are g triggered from what I remember and squeaze you when you go round corners at certain g. The first squeaze is for when turn it on so you know they work.

Ah I didnt know they worked as per the M5, I was under impression it just inflated & sensed pressure against the occupant & stopped & didnt inflate/deflate with driving styles as per the M5.

No, the seat deflates whether I am sitting in it or not. I have tried it from the passenger seat and you can see the sides and back bolster going down slowly. Not so much the leg support though ???

spoke to a few people since i posted this.
Looks like it inflates the oposing side when cornering.
The initial button press isto prepare the seats for it.

Sno

You serious, didnt think it had that clever systems on the RS4, so all canbus based then gets signal of the steering for turns & at certain speeds I guess