Spoiler ......PASS or FAIL?

scottie123

(●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#
Reaction score
Opinions please guys.

Good or bad.

I'm verging on bad atm. think it will look better when painted but still.......

(it is an ebay special if you hadn't guessed)

Think I may have to go the very expensive s line route with new light :(

100_0349.jpg

100_0346.jpg

100_0344.jpg

100_0343.jpg

100_0342.jpg

100_0341.jpg

100_0340.jpg

100_0339.jpg

scottie, it would be a shame to ruin the car, i suggest you pop by the stealers and ask if they have one you can try against the car, i went through a similar process with my fezzie and wasnt ever happy with the aftermarket, i then changed and modded a 3 door st spoiler to fit my 5 door i was 10000000000 times happier......then i sold the car haha. no point leaving the whatifs

I know its just taped on, but it looks like it would be a poor fit to me. The shape of the sides are not the same shape as the hatch, so it looks like the panel gap wouldnt be uniform. Also, how flush would the spoiler sit against the roof?

Again, it may just be because its taped on and not firmly stuck.

Just washed mine and went over with Tardis so l would say flush.

Look's ok from the back but from the side its not flush at all it would ruin it i think , id get oem ...

I`d say bad mate.

Go for an OEM s-line Sportback spoiler with the new light it looks just right

is it from Poland by any chance???

Go oem, at least you know it will fit!!!Not sure what your on about with the light though, you just re use the original in the new spoiler as far as i know.

Thanks for to comments guys. Most f you have said what I was thinking tbh. I just wanted a second opinion from you lovely bunch!

It would go flat a bit more when fixed,but it would still leave it quite a bit higher than the roof height. This was my main concern, just i wasn't sure how the sline sat, as it also sticks on top of the original.

Just washed mine and went over with Tardis so l would say flush.

As you say here, it sits flush, so that answers my question! Thanks mate

im sure nige ( nhn ) has two, might be worth a pm to him

Unfortunately, the are 3 dr ones:(

Did that come from a bloke in Norfolk ?

Yes. I picked it up and got it cheap from him

I`d say bad mate.

Go for an OEM s-line Sportback spoiler with the new light it looks just right

I think this is the only way really

is it from Poland by any chance???

Go oem, at least you know it will fit!!!Not sure what your on about with the light though, you just re use the original in the new spoiler as far as i know.

i'm sure you need a new brake light to match the spoiler as it looks flatter on the sline spoiler, and mine is more rounded.
I hope you are right though, as it would mean less wonga to spend!

Right, I am going to bite the bullet and order a s3 sportback one from the dealers tomorrow.

Is the face lift one the same as the non facelift?

If it is different, I dont suppose anybody knows what the differences are, and would the new facelift one fit on a 8p2?

So , come on guys, I need some part numbers!

Appreciateyour input on this one guys!

Yea i got one of those Norfolk jobs and its just not right.....turned it into a shelf in the garage :) I really would think twice before you throw any more money at it.

Yeah if you buy the S line one then it will need a light, if you get the Votex one it wont!

The dealer should be able to get both types

So does the new s3 sportback use the same spoiler as the prefacelift s3/s line then?

Well, I am going to prepare myself to be bottom bashed by the dealers tomorrow.

Anyone know roughly what price we are looking at for the spoiler and light for a sline one?

Maybe Will look better when painted imo

Last edited:
S3 and s-line spoilers are the same

You should be looking at around 250+ from the stealers.

Prefacelift and facelift should be the same, a friend and I bought off ebay some time ago OEM ones for 120 euro and he had a facelift and both just worked fine on the cars.

250+ ?

I've just collapsed...........................:faint:

About £160 from stafford audi ebay shop for a genuine Votex

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?73161-Experience-with-this-roof-spoiler

Hi,
Might be worth reading this thread. It has some part nos in it.

Thanks for the post, I was thinking of doing the ebay one, but now I am going to go down the sline route, and cut the lugs, paint and bond on. (car is a pre 06 sline sportback)

Still unclear as the brake light set up though, must be a two person job to fit it through if its a recoonect job and then bond down.

Anyone got any pics please?

Last edited:
If its the votex one then its was is mine,i think it looks good.
Will look completely different painted
aaaspoiler2.jpg

Well I have defo decided not to fit. There is a few things I dont like about it, so I KNOW it will bug the shat out of me when it is fitted.

Going to get the real deal and get the s line one.

Got a price from Audi today, £260 and no discount allowed.

All I can say is ......................................OMFG...................that is nearly as good as n8s price for his s3 skirts. LMFAO.

Tried a few breakers, but they cany be ***** to split the spoiler from the hatch, and I deffo dont want a spare big bit of car lying around, as the missus will for sure clock it and start asking awkward questions:asskicking:

t. This car has been a money pit since xmas. But hey, it's worth it. (well that is what I am telling myself anyway!)

I dont suppose anybody is near Bradford and fancy popping in to a breakers for me and picking up a spoiler for me? (you may have to take it of a car first though!)

Been offered the whole rear boot door with spoiler and all for a 100 beans.

It is ***** living in carrot land....aint near buggery!

Might be worth buying the rear boot too! Can always sell it on in Ebay!!! Worth a go, alot cheaper that £260!!!!!!!

That is true, but he wont deliver and it is miles and miles away! 240 to be exact!

Well I have defo decided not to fit. There is a few things I dont like about it, so I KNOW it will bug the shat out of me when it is fitted.

Going to get the real deal and get the s line one.

Got a price from Audi today, £260 and no discount allowed.

All I can say is ......................................OMFG...................that is nearly as good as n8s price for his s3 skirts. LMFAO.

Tried a few breakers, but they cany be ***** to split the spoiler from the hatch, and I deffo dont want a spare big bit of car lying around, as the missus will for sure clock it and start asking awkward questions:asskicking:

t. This car has been a money pit since xmas. But hey, it's worth it. (well that is what I am telling myself anyway!)

If its 260 from your dealer then why not buy it from Stafford audi as previously posted? Saving £80!