Spoil and Flutter under acceleration

Lee.25

Reaction score
Wonder if any one can help me on my s3

I got weird flutter sound around 3.5 4K maybe bit over 4K under acceleration some times feels little bit like it’s doesnt want to spool like the car holds back around them revs but after that goes away it has a stage 1 amd remap from woking Surrey it’s 2012 and I had the dv checked I had the uprated one rev d I think but I took that out changed it to a gfb dv+ to see if that would work it’s a little bit better but still had the flutter under acceleration through the induction kit feels little bit slower for some weird might be just me and I no they flutter sometimes anyway when you let your foot off and back on but this happens under load I had the car plugged in no faults nothing just little bit confused to why it’s still doing it I have had the remap on there for a little while and I have put up with this problem for a bit but kind of annoying now just wondered if any one had experienced this problem and sorted it out and could tell me what they did to get rid of it ... oh the car is also dsg

I have a Unicorn map, stage 2 and I get this flutter when accelerating too - I asked Rick about it and he said it's nothing. I don't notice any lag however. All the logs were fine and I'm not getting any errors, I'm have the DV+ as well. I think it's common, but my CAI may accentuate the sound.

I have a Unicorn map, stage 2 and I get this flutter when accelerating too - I asked Rick about it and he said it's nothing. I don't notice any lag however. All the logs were fine and I'm not getting any errors, I'm have the DV+ as well. I think it's common, but my CAI may accentuate the sound.
Oh do you I thought I was the only one that got that hmmm I wonder why it does that I was thinking about changing my remap to a revo but not sure yet.... yeah same as mine I had all mine checked and it’s all within it’s tollerances and logs where fine to I do get a slight bit of lag if your say in 3rd gear and gun it and it’s building the revs up when it gets to that mark on the revs where the fluttering starts I get the slightest bit of pull back but it goes away ... it must be common but I no some don’t get that it’s weird how it does that tho it is kind of annoying it’s only obvs full throttle if you change with throttle half way down I don’t get it is that same for you ?

To be honest with my Nana driving the car rarely sees >4k! Not the way to use a Stg2 map I know but most of my driving is around London. I'll head out this weekend and see how it feels.

To be honest with my Nana driving the car rarely sees >4k! Not the way to use a Stg2 map I know but most of my driving is around London. I'll head out this weekend and see how it feels.
Ohh right okay yeah if you could do that and let me no if it does the same as what mine sort of does

The flutter is common to all K04 turbo cars and it is found on most if not all remaps. We have an S3 with APR stage 2+ and a TTS with RTech stage 2+. Both do it if you put your foot down at 3K revs but it is gone by 4K revs.
This is a characteristic of this turbo but when you get to 4K revs the flutter disappears and the car should really fly. The remap should go up to the point where surge starts and no more. This could also be why you have a slight sensation of holding back. It is all relative as it will still be accelerating quicker than stock.
The only way to stop it is to have an anti surge core fitted or a hybrid turbo like a TTE 420 and then a Custom remap and then the torque that is released below 4K revs increases.

Reactions: Lee.25 and samuelh_888
Great summation, thanks @prt57. Without hijacking the thread - with the TTS and the S3 being all but the same, how do the stage2+ compare?

Great summation, thanks @prt57. Without hijacking the thread - with the TTS and the S3 being all but the same, how do the stage2+ compare?

That is a difficult one. The dyno figures were very similar for both cars but they drive differently. With the APR map the car drives totally as normal pulling reasonably from low revs and really gets going at 4K.
With the R-Tech there seems to be less from low down but once past 4K it is brutal.

Reactions: samuelh_888