Split pipe under manifold.

Y83OLK

Hulk Smash!
Reaction score
Hi all.
Fitted my forge U hose today, and noticed i have a split plastic tube under the inlet manifold.

This pipe is after the servo hose, directly after the one way valve.
so if you follow it from the top of the engine bay its:

servo pipe, u pipe, short section of pipe, check valve then the pipe im after.
its kind of a length with a u bend at the other end.

Sorry for the rubbish description.
Could someone try to find me a partnumber for this? ETKA?
TPS wernt much help, they sent me 5 fax documents and none of them showed the pipe.

many thanks
Callum

pipes.jpg

<tuffty/>

Hi all.
Fitted my forge U hose today, and noticed i have a split plastic tube under the inlet manifold.

This pipe is after the servo hose, directly after the one way valve.
so if you follow it from the top of the engine bay its:

servo pipe, u pipe, short section of pipe, check valve then the pipe im after.
its kind of a length with a u bend at the other end.

Sorry for the rubbish description.
Could someone try to find me a partnumber for this? ETKA?
TPS wernt much help, they sent me 5 fax documents and none of them showed the pipe.

many thanks
Callum

I actuallly have my vacuum setup out on my desk at the minute and the part numbers are all none existent on it!

So....... What I have done is took it to tps got new bits from them then ordered the 4 silicone parts forge do for it and put it together ready to go back n car. Look online hard enough though there is a diagram with pt numbers.

Try searching s3 pcv, vacuum setup. It may be on forge website.......

Dammnit, so i need an 06A-133-789.
Wish i hadnt just waited for the forge U hose now lol.

Cheers Tuffty

where is the located, how is it it to remove and check for the splits also how much to replace roughly? ta :)

You won't have this exact setup on your A3.. this is for an S3... as the title of the thread implies... its under the inlet manifold..

<tuffty/>

If you have already done an N249 delete and if you have it an SAI delete then you can get rid of most of this stuff rather than replace it...

The whole lot costs around 100 quid from a dealer IIRC, Forge do replacement hoses for the rubber pipes which are cheaper and will last but if you have fitted (or plan to fit) a catch can then there is not much point in keeping any of it... you will end up with less pipes to leak at the end of the day and less oil diluting the fuel...

<tuffty/>

Ok ta, im going to look under the Mani in a bit, will i be feeling for oil leaking or air or just a split in the pipe?

If there is oil anywhere on the outside of the engine chances are its come from a split pipe or similar... oil should be inside the engine not outside...

Smoke test would be a useful thing to do... generally smoke test any 20v these days that comes in for a remap or a dyno run... almost all leak from somewhere

<tuffty/>

I dont suppose anybody has this part (circled in green) split or otherwise... left over from a catch tank conversion?
Or from replacing the whole lot?.
pipes.jpg

I have found someone to custom make some pipework... Hopefully cheaper than OE which is £63.
But they would need a template.

Cheers