Help Please Spigot rings

Geoff Morritt

Reaction score
Hi all...I have the standard 18" 5 spoke Ronal wheels and after having had them exchanged and fitted I noticed that there was a wheel vibration at 60-70 mph. Along with a few on here I put it down to the wheels either not being balanced correctly or a balance weight had dropped off. Any how, long story short, I removed the wheels and refitted them for some maintenance/cleaning and the wheel wobble has now disappeared. I have hubcentric spacers fitted and noticed how difficult it was to get the wheel to stay on the hub. So as the title suggests, should there be a spigot ring fit to the rear of the wheel?
Thanks,

Geoff M

If you needed spigot rings you'd know immediately as they would have space around the hub fitment, when seated on the spacers, they should fit snug & not move tbh, so maybe the spacers aren't as hub centric as they appear to be, if you remove the spacers does anything change?

Reactions: Geoff Morritt
Standard wheels do not require spigot rings it’s only aftermarket and wheels from other models of cars when the centre bore is a larger than the cars hub.

Reactions: Geoff Morritt
Also if fitting any after market wheels, you will probably need to get a new set of wheel bolts, VW Group cars tend to be R13 radiused seat wheels and so bolts, after market wheels tend to be 60 deg tapered so must only be used with 60 deg tapered wheel bolts. Some, but only a few, aftermarket wheels are rated as OEM for VW Group cars in these cases you should not need new bolts or spigot rings if fitting wheels that say they are suitable for fitting to your car.

Reactions: Geoff Morritt and DickoB8