1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Spigot rings/spacers

Mick H Nov 24, 2020

1. Mick H

Mick H Member

I’ll start by apologising if this comes out as total blurb but I need to fit spigot rings to my new wheels 66.6 to 57.1 but also need spacers 5mm preferably.
    So my question is would I be better off buying hub centric spacers with the correct spigot of 57.1 and a pcd 112x5
    If so any ideas what car I need to buy for to give me above
    And what is the smallest hub centric spacer you can get

Many thanks from a novice tryin hard

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Mick H

Mick H Member

Just thought about this and realised I’m a right plonker. My current wheels are 57.1 so have to spacers to suit new wheels are 66.6 and even I realise no one produces a adaptor hub centric spacer !!!

4. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Very easy answer chap.
    you need spacers to fit your 57.1 hub spigot first, then spigot rings to suit your spacer centre ring diameter into your new alloys.

5. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

most 57.1 centre bore spacers will have the same size both ways so you just need the 57.1 to 66.6

always get the correct spacers for your car.

All b7's are 5x112 pcd with 57.1 centre bore.

6. The_Guvnor_1980

The_Guvnor_1980 Registered User

7. Mick H

Mick H Member

Rob once again thanks for your help. I was just about to start trying to explain about some Bimec spacers I’d found but saw the Guvnor’s reply and think he understands what I’m getting at even if I can’t explain it myself . I’m not comfortable (even though you will probably tell me it’s all ok) with having a bit in the wheel, a bit between the hub and the wheel etc like things solid and secure. However Guvnor the link you kindly sent doesn’t work do you have any info I could have ? I’m looking for 57.1 hub to 66.6 wheel
    Again many thanks

8. The_Guvnor_1980

The_Guvnor_1980 Registered User

Try searching ebay for item number 123240860460. Hope this works

9. Mick H

Mick H Member

Guvnor that’s it brilliant fantastic thanks so much really appreciated

The_Guvnor_1980 likes this.
  10. I'm Just Rob.

There are downsides with that sort of spacer though.
    1) they are specific to a CB so if you don't like the wheels you fit at 66.6 and get something else with either back to 57.1 or larger which is very common , your specific spacers are useless or you'll have to get rings for a bigger cb.
    2) there have been cases where these type of spacers fail due to the thin amount of lip on the spacer allowing use of a larger diameter cb wheel, not all spacers are created the same .

By sticking with 57.1 to 57.1 spacers and using quality spigot rings you 'll have more choice overall if there is a problem.

just my input after many years tinkering with wheels and spacers on my old bus.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  11. I'm Just Rob.

Lets say you love the spacing of the new alloys but don't like the wheels when fitted, at least with an equal spacer fitting you could go back with a 57.1 if that was appropriate and still be able to use the spacer, or just fit the rings to suit different alloys.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Mick H

Mick H Member

Rob once again thanks for your comments and help. Appreciate what you saying but prefer the thought of the adapter/spacer. Only just bought the car 3.0tdi Quattro cab, after an on off search for 5 yrs !! So now I’ve finally got it has to be just right to me. Spent a fortune already.

14. I'm Just Rob.

No probs chap, a word of caution though, just ensure whatever alloys you are going to fit, they will actually fit.
    If you are going with a non-OE width and offset do the groundwork first to ensure you are actually fitting the correct thickness spacers before you buy some, don't just assume they are the right ones, just some input from someone that has been there so many times before.

best of luck.

15. I'm Just Rob.

Just don't start getting into BBK kits ...:whistle2: