1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spent the day cleaning the S3

DarkBunny Jun 22, 2015

1. DarkBunny

DarkBunny Active Member Team Sprint Audi S3

So, today I took the opportunity to give the S3 a really really good clean. I'd also purchased some new items that I was desperate to use too! (Oh, and thanks Slim for the new T-Shirt :grinning:)
    [​IMG]

This is how it looked - the camera actually makes it look reasonably clean - but I'm a bit OCD when it comes to a dirty car...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First things first, I took the wheels off and individually cleaned them with Bilberry wheel cleaner, then sealed them with Poorboys wheel sealant. While they were off I also checked the brakes, suspension components and of course the tyres.

Biggest problem I faced was that I couldn't get the trolley jack under the car, so had to use the widow maker to get the car up an inch to put the trolley underneath.

Here are some before and afters...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I then used my Meguiars Hyper-Wax snow foam (just finishing this off before using the new stuff from Slim's) but I can never get the stuff to cling (perhaps because it's not overly dirty).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once cleaned down using two bucket method (and two mitt method), but before drying, I then used a G3 clay mitt over the whole car (took about 15 minutes and was really impressed by the smoothness of it).
    [​IMG]

Then finally used Meguairs cleaner wax to finish off, but had to keep darting in and out of the garage to miss the rain showers!

Enjoy.

After clay, still looks a little dull...
    [​IMG]

Quick, garage, rain!
    [​IMG]

Hmmm, blinding...
    [​IMG]

Finally finished the last panel when the showers stopped again
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. THQuattro

THQuattro Site Sponsor Site Sponsor Team Avus Silver Team V8 Team V6 Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Team Panther Team Silver Audi RS4 Audi S4 saloon Audi A4 quattro Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group Manual

Nice mate, i spent two hours on mine yesterday evening and with the rain and 160 work miles today its not looking good now.

DarkBunny likes this.
  4. DarkBunny

Cheers!

It's always the way, but I'd rather be in a car that I know was clean recently (even if it was only a few hours previously!)

5. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Great work buddy! :)

DarkBunny likes this.
  6. DarkBunny

Thanks BH!

Wanted to spend more time doing the finer details (exhaust, clean inside and leather etc.), but after 5 1/2 hours and the weather turning into showers I called it a day!

Bristle Hound likes this.
  7. nil538

nil538 Active Member

Looks good mate nice job

DarkBunny likes this.
  8. DarkBunny

Thanks!

9. Rob2k68

Rob2k68 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User MQB Platform

Very nice indeed - fully committed taking the wheels off and great results !

DarkBunny likes this.
  10. DarkBunny

Cheers!

11. Looks awesome bud! Nothing like a good few hours effort to get results like that :)

Wheels off as well, you're a pro!

DarkBunny likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. DarkBunny

Thanks!