spent 4hrs cleaning and polishing my car, I never cleaned my last car. Am I mad?

Vanessa

Reaction score
So had my a3 for about six weeks, I never even cleaned my last car. The car wash did.

I think I am becoming a bit obsessed.

When I bought the car, I don't think it had been very well looked after as the interior and exterior was in a bad state.

Still have lots to do and will be posting pics and asking for advise, but here is a picture after today's clean.

I Image

It has a few dings on it that I hope you can help me with.

I intend to do it all myself, so any advise when I post the pics of the dings, will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 324
Reactions: Sandra
Hi Fangio,

Thanks for the info,

Not sure about the wheels as it's my first Audi, wheels came with car, so I though they were standard.

One of the alloys has quite a lot of scuffs, so I need to find something to make them look good again.

Car looks really good. :) x

Reactions: Vanessa
Good to hear your going to carry out the other work on your car yourself. There is a certain satisfaction when you can do this. Im sure you will do a great job. :) x

Hi guys,

So here are my chips, any advise on how to sort them myself greatly appreciated. Excuse my husband feet, he is the photo taker.

Na ure not mad, cleaning the car is an all day job. I usually remove my seats to hoover the thing out!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info on the paint touch up, just going to look up my paint colour, the off to order some.

I also have a little tear in my back leather seat. I will take a photo this morning and post it, any suggestions greatly appreciated on how to repair it.

Have a lovely day. :happy:

4 hours.... pah! try two days!

This.

Cars looking good though. Depending on what the dings look like, as above Chipex seems good for deeper chips. Leather is a PITA to be honest. I believe you can get tears easily repaired though.

As already said Chipex is great for deep chips but I found it near impossible on shallow ones as it wipes out too easily.