Speeding what points did you get?

wayner007

Reaction score
Its not big and its not clever but what ponits did everyone get?
Me 86mph M4 3 points.
Waiting for 98.9mph on M5 summons.
Next>

3 points for 56 in a 50 on the A1
6 points for an 80 in a 50 on the A2 (was actually a 70mph but there were some cones in attendance so 50 it is then)

49 in a 30 zone in my wife's car......so she took the 3 points on her licence....nice one eh?

I DROVE PAST A YELLOW POLICE CCTV VAN ABOUT 5ISH 2DAY 45 IN A 30. CAN THEM CCTV VANS CATCH YOUR SPEEDING AS WELL OR ISSIT THEM OTHER MOBILE SPEED CAMERA VANS WHICH CAN ONLY CATCH U SPEEDING?

April 96, 70 in a 50 limit (one of the first cameras installed around here)
October 03, 74 in a 60 limit: 3 points (also spent now)
September 04, 58 in a 40 limit, also 3 points.

Have been good as gold since then, combination of Road Angel & Cruise Control have kept me out of trouble, so will be clean again in ten months' time.

Can all you Rover driving grandads stop posting on how few points you have please, it's not big, it's not clever & it's p1ssing me off!

AndyMac said:
Can all you Rover driving grandads stop posting on how few points you have please, it's not big, it's not clever & it's p1ssing me off!

I thought you were in the clear at the moment, Andy.

(Or are you on the naughty step again?)

3 points for 36 in a 30 through a deserted industrial estate at night. Quite right too, I was so much more of a danger then if I'd only been doing 30.....but I'm not bitter.

Clean License luckly for me .to do were i live i think as there is not many cameras were i am

All clean in 9.5 years of driving. Lets hope it stays that way :racer:

Got flashed the other day doing 65km in a 50 zone, gonna get a 30 euro fine but no points but the worst thing was I was fannying around with the DIS to check my MPG (I'd just come off the motorway) to see if I was saving money by going slower...

Sods Law.

derickcos said:
try driving on a track,no speed limit, road race only when u have to.--no points btw.'D'
Wise words indeed, meanwhile back on planet earth.....

No Jeff, been back on 9 points for 2 years now (familiar territory unfortunately). Got done 3 times in 2004, twice in 1 month, strangely I wasn't racing either time. Only ever been done on a camera once, all others were mobile traps, mainly motorway. Laser jammers on both cars now and 5 months away from getting 2 lives back.

Sorry no one seems to be answering the original question, it was "how many points did you get", not "how clean is your licence, what a safe driver you must be"
I think "how many miles between accidents and/or points" would be a better indicator for that.
The last accident I had (which was my fault) was in a Suzuki Swift GTi (company car believe it or not). That was an H plate so must have been 90-93. Since then I've done approx. 25k p.a. which puts me on 325k miles. In that time I've been done for speeding 12 times, so pretty much once every 25k miles if you take off the year I was banned, so looks like I've been taking other peoples points for them, you're welcome!

Myself been lucky and escaped a couple times, mate just got caught by a mobile camera doin 83mph on the A11, should be 3 points, £60 fine. Any tips how to get out of this? Heard you can ask for the evidence?

3 points at any one time, including being done for "in Possession of a Radar Detector " in Motherwell when dectectors were just out and deemed illegal...

Been to 9 and back, now at 6, but then its a hazard of my job, when it looks like I win the largest mileage @ 71k for a year...

There's no reliable way of getting out of it. They've all been tried and plod is getting wise to it. The only way is for every one of the 2m drivers every year who get that unwanted envelope from posty, to refuse the blackmail of £60 fine & 3 points and take it to court. This would not only dry up overnight the £120m a year (£320k per day) they make from the scam, but also completely overload the already overloaded court system and the whole sorry scandal would implode. Unfortunately we're all too wimpy to do it (me included), so the stealth tax goes on and the deaths on our roads continue to rise.
In short, get a parent or sister/brother to take the points, or take it to court and hope they can't be *****. At least a court appearance means more paperwork for them, but a heftier fine for your mate.

its worth asking to see the photo/ evidence, sometimes its not good enough for a court hearing and they just withdraw the ticket. happened to my dad, he asked to see the photo and never heard from them again!

Start a revolution then seems to be the better option! Heard if you ask for the evidence they send you a threatening letter saying you'll be prosecuted for this and the other (scare tatics) hoping you'll just sign and pay up. But if you send back a letter saying your sorry but many people use your car on that journey and need to see the evidence to clarify who was driving the car on that day, a lot of the time the evidence isn't conclusive so they drop the charge. However saying this, have a mate who did this, and the picture was spot on. As long as you act as helpful as you can. Until proven guilty then pay the fine!

Spot on Disco Stu. If we all ask for the evidence then it'll really jam up the works as it then becomes a manual process for the "safety partnerships" and we are entitled to see the so called evidence. Unfortunately all bar one of my crimes have been road side stops so never had the opportunity, but the likelihood is they'll just bin it and move on to the next lemming who is eager to pay up without a struggle.

45mph in a 30 zone, got breathalysed and had 3 points on 24th January 1994. :faint:

it amazes me that if im doing 40 in a 30 in the audi im risking the lives of pedestrians who step in front of me, yet the metal winch bumper on my landrover would kill a person at 20mph which isnt even speeding. so the whole 'speed kills' theory they use to justify camera's and fines is a load of b*llocks really

Ming Blue said:
45mph in a 30 zone, got breathalysed and had 3 points on 24th January 1994. :faint:

Blimey, that like over a decade ago, your points have been cleared by now lol! Good to see you still remember it clearly!

they were the only ones I ever had. tfft!

28v6 said:
Yeah, but it was what she had to "Blow" into that worries me...;) :blush:

cheeky fecker!! infact it was a....:whistle2:

I've currently got 0
But did get caught about 7 years ago doing 45 in a 30! By a mobile speed camera, had never heard of one before then!
Nearly lost my license in the first 2 years, as also got caught, but nothing came through on the motorway in roadworks, going 56 in a 50 (about 7 years ago. Lucky!

disco_stu01 said:
But if you send back a letter saying your sorry but many people use your car on that journey and need to see the evidence to clarify who was driving the car on that day, a lot of the time the evidence isn't conclusive so they drop the charge

...not as simple as that Im afraid. Unless you can show you have done everything in your power to find out who was driving they will still do you.
Anyway Ive got 3 points.

guilty until proved innocent. When did they change the whole basis of our legal system exactly? Did I miss a meeting?

AndyMac said:
No Jeff, been back on 9 points for 2 years now (familiar territory unfortunately). Got done 3 times in 2004, twice in 1 month, strangely I wasn't racing either time. Only ever been done on a camera once, all others were mobile traps, mainly motorway. Laser jammers on both cars now and 5 months away from getting 2 lives back.

Blimey, Andy, nine points in one year. Now that's what I call squeaky-bum time! Bet you can't wait to get those lives back, just so you can breathe a bit more freely if nothing else.

I'm used to it now. I had 12 points once but they let me keep my licence - now that was fun, managed for a year but inevitably got done again so they threw the book at me (12 month ban for totting up).
Cruise control is a godsend as my main offences have all been motorway speeding.

dont know how u manage it,drove down to alton towers in august 80--ton there and back,never seen a police car, they must luv you.

Got caught in my first month of driving by an undercover vectra police car doin 45 in a 30, was lucky and got let off without anything but the suggestion to change one of my front tyres and to send away for my pink license! Was loving it. Apart from that have been pulled for having my fogs on, got breathalysed but passed, told would get 3 points and £60 fine if caught again.

I was doing 40 in a 30 zone in the middle of Kent, I'm from Manchester I had my wife directing me up a crease in the map then flash flash gutted 3 points thank you very much