Speed Warning

Kestrel

It's my birthday
Reaction score
In my last car, (Mazda6), if I exceeded the speed limit by more than a few mph, as well as the limit turning red in the instrument panel, I would get an audio warning. It proved very useful and did away with the need to continually look away from the road.
I have the `Traffic Sign Recognition` on my A4 and I have searched the menus and sub menus but can only find the ability to highlight the excess speed in the instrument panel (a flashing sign) but not to receive an audio warning.
Does anyone know if its possible to enable this?
Many thanks.
Mike.

You can set an overall speed limit that (on VC) shows a large message and also a beep I think.

It may be that with VCDS you could turn on some sort of chime when it goes above what you have set. Mine just flashes as yours does. It also flashes in the HUD so that's enough for me. Annoying it can't be set to 5%, just the 0/5/10 mph over.

You can set an overall speed limit that (on VC) shows a large message and also a beep I think.

It may be that with VCDS you could turn on some sort of chime when it goes above what you have set. Mine just flashes as yours does. It also flashes in the HUD so that's enough for me. Annoying it can't be set to 5%, just the 0/5/10 mph over.

Thank you.
What is `VC`?

See if page 118 of the car's manual applies to you..

Thank you, but that pertains to a speed that you set yourself.
I'm talking about a warning that you are exceeding the limit on the road you are travelling on, be that 30, 40, 50, 60 or the national limit.

VC is Virtual Cockpit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think your only hope is that there is a hidden setting that can make it chime as well as flash.

I've not come across many coding sites. Have found a few for the Q7 4M (MLB-2) such as http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/176518-Q7-(4M)-Coding which may work on B9. I like the idea of gear selection in the HUD which appears to be a side effect of enabling the Lap Timer functions.

Kestrel, have you the drivers assist tour package fitted as an option to your car? If so can I, tactfully, suggest you read up the manual as you will find all the help you need in there...

Kestrel, have you the drivers assist tour package fitted as an option to your car? If so can I, tactfully, suggest you read up the manual as you will find all the help you need in there...
I have read the manual cover to cover...more than once.
I do not have the option you refer to.

If by `speed recognition` you mean the optional `Camera-based traffic sign recognition`...I assure you I do have that.

As cuke says, the only speed warning on the A4 is the one described on p118 of the manual where you can set a max speed and you get an indicator, message and audible warning if you exceed the set speed. To enable this look on the MMI under car > left button > driver assist > speed warning > manual. If you don't have that menu option then your car doesn't have that option fitted, sorry.

As cuke says, the only speed warning on the A4 is the one described on p118 of the manual where you can set a max speed and you get an indicator, message and audible warning if you exceed the set speed. To enable this look on the MMI under car > left button > driver assist > speed warning > manual. If you don't have that menu option then your car doesn't have that option fitted, sorry.
Yes, I'm aware of that feature but it is not what I'm looking for.
Thanks anyway.