Speed signal wire?

GeneralWest

Reaction score
I brought a heads up display unit today that projects a speed readout onto the windscreen. It works in KM and I'm off to Le Mans in a couple of weeks so I thought I'd wire it up for the journey. It needs a speed signal input to make it work.

Can anyone suggest an easy place to pick up a speed signal from inside the car? Preferably without having to take lots of interior trim apart.

Nice one, thank you. I'll check behind the stereo first. What exactly do you mean by the dash pod?

The dials themselves :icon_thumright:

That's what I was afraid of. I really don't fancy taking the dash apart. I think I remember seeing a gala wire somewhere behind the stereo on my old pre-facelift S3 but I could be wrong. You can use the aircon display to bring up current road speed so maybe I can find something there.

Ive taken 2 speed signal for my navi, 1 behind the instrument cluster and the other from some wires in the passenger footwell. I cant really remember the pin numbers but thats were I got my 2 speed signals

For anyone who's interested I managed to find out that my car doesn't have canbus. The speed signal wire was in the main power connection block for the stereo. It was a green/white coloured wire that was in line with the permanent live on the opposite side of the plug. The HUD is now installed and working.

For anyone who's interested I managed to find out that my car doesn't have canbus. The speed signal wire was in the main power connection block for the stereo. It was a green/white coloured wire that was in line with the permanent live on the opposite side of the plug. The HUD is now installed and working.

:sign_pics: