1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speed limiter?

Hal Adams Oct 9, 2018

1. Hal Adams

Hal Adams Well-Known Member Team Nardo VCDS Map User Audi RS3 Black Edition

Traditional time for me to consider car replacement. Difficult one for me as it really has to be A3 or Golf due to navigating through French villages and an entrance for the dog.
    My PFL RS3 is ideal and really does not havemuch less than the FL - OK afew extra ponies that I might not notice. I once hankered after the VC, but looking at it objectively, there aint a lot in the VC that I want that is not on the PFL.
    Leaving one question for FL owners: Does the FL have a speed limiter attached to the cruise control? this is a limit that can be manually set and regardless of braking, the limit will not be exceeded except by kick-down. The TT has this feature as does, annoyingly, every model in the Mercedes line up:grumpy:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. teslaboy

teslaboy Mythos black RS3 8v FL Audi S3 Audi RS3

Yes i believe my FL does have this

4. Gnasher

Gnasher Member

But if it's like the rest of the range, you actually have to turn it on - if you don't like the feature, simply don't enable it?

Unless I'm getting the wrong end of the stick??

5. BadBoyWhiteRaps

BadBoyWhiteRaps Member

Yeah but just don't turn it on? All I can tell you is I have cruise controlled at 80mph.

6. Hal Adams

Yes, you have to turn it on obviously, but that is what I want - in France we have long motorways that are pretty empty most of the time, and with the power of the RS3 in comfort, it is very easy to sail past the limit very quickly. Two minutes later you notice your at 160 and pulling...:sadlike:

Thanks badboy, but cruise control is not the same as speed limiter.

Thanks Teslaboy - I just have to make my mind up if it is worth losing a packet on my PFL that only has 33k kms and spend a lot on an FL - 66k(€) for a new one and 37k trade in, so in all a 54k€ odd layout for one option..:scared2:

teslaboy likes this.
  7. teslaboy

teslaboy Mythos black RS3 8v FL Audi S3 Audi RS3

Keep the PFL for 2yrs ish and order the new 425ps 8W !

8. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team Panther Audi RS3 TTRS

That's 160kmh I hope?!

I really wouldn't be moving to a FL for that outlay and one option. The PFL's engine and character is just so much nicer, too. You'll have to just glance at that speedo a little more often ;)

9. BadBoyWhiteRaps

BadBoyWhiteRaps Member

I'm puzzled by what you mean about a limiter attached to cruise control?

The car is restricted to 155, of course. You can also set the car up to warn you if you hit a certain speed (say, 90mph). For more info about that, see Doug de Munro's youtube review.

It is quite difficult if you ask me to find yourself speeding significantly (by accident).

10. Hal Adams

Good advice indeed!

teslaboy likes this.
  11. Hal Adams

Yes!

I agree the PFL has more character! I contemplated joining you with a TTRS, but it added another 15k€ to the loss and does not cater for the dog! So it is wait a couple of years and put up with the blue lights!

D0C likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team Panther Audi RS3 TTRS

TTRS has a deceptively large boot with the big hatch, even more so with the rear seats down. Dogs are flexible, too... ;)

14. Hal Adams

Apologies, I was too judgemental - yes the TT has a good load space with the seats down. Problem is that my dog is just too lazy to cope with the high jump into it!

The other gripe I have with the TT - why can you not have moonsilver seats? I really hate boring old black. Why is it that all manufacturers think that with their sporty models, everyone wants black:sadlike: