Speed limiter removal on new S3

Andru8

Reaction score
When I receive my new S3 around March/April etc next year I would like the top speed limiter deactivated. I am sure that I read somewhere that if it is done within a certain period it is possible. Am I correct in thinking that it can be removed before either 100 miles OR 10 hrs of driving, after that it is impossible to remove.

If my memory is right will my dealer do this for free?

Cheers

Never heard of a dealer being able to do this. It is an option I believe when buying an RS3.

Had my 155mph limit removed courtesy of the Revo remap.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W and batch
I'm sure I can remember this from a while back, I mat be wrong but I hope I'm not. No remapping for me I'm afraid, not this time. It'll be the 1st car in over 10 years not be be fiddled with ! :(

Out of interest what is the top speed without the limiter?

With a stage 1 tune I've heard quoted 171 - it does feel every bit capable of this. Here's one motoring at an indicated 186mph stage 1+ intake, tune and downpipe ......

Last edited:
When I receive my new S3 around March/April etc next year I would like the top speed limiter deactivated. I am sure that I read somewhere that if it is done within a certain period it is possible. Am I correct in thinking that it can be removed before either 100 miles OR 10 hrs of driving, after that it is impossible to remove.

If my memory is right will my dealer do this for free?

Cheers

Come on Andru.......yer gettin a bit long in the tooth for this days of thunder malarky??!! lol

155 not enough for you...................? ;)

Audi charge £1000 for the "Top Speed Derestrictor" on the RS3 so I'd be surprised if they would do it for free on an S3.

Come on Andru.......yer gettin a bit long in the tooth for this days of thunder malarky??!! lol

155 not enough for you...................? ;)

Lol, I told you I still had a bit of go in theses old bones ! ;)

Had my order number through today and waiting for it to be on system to track it. I have now been quoted week 20 due to the xmas stop.

Reactions: Simon L
APR map has limiter removed, keeps on pulling well past 155mph (so I'm told) :innocent:

Reactions: Andru8 and Rob2k68
Limiters are defiantly removed here.

#justsayin...

img_4648-jpg.75248

Attachments

• IMG_4648.JPG
    IMG_4648.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 14,791
Last edited:
Reactions: TomBlueS3, vacant and Andru8
Had my 155mph limit removed courtesy of the Revo remap.

Hi Rob,

Did you have to request the tuner to remove the speed limiter whilst they were doing the map or do Revo remaps just automatically remove this as part of the software?

Cheers.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Hi Rob,

Did you have to request the tuner to remove the speed limiter whilst they were doing the map or do Revo remaps just automatically remove this as part of the software?

Cheers.

It's part of the software mate - not optional as I understand it.

Reactions: HHS3
It's part of the software mate - not optional as I understand it.

Cool, thanks for confirming mate.

I've got a Revo stage 1 remap, looking to go stage 2 pretty soon, so will have to test out it's de-restricted limit ;)

Reactions: Rob2k68