1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speed cameras - now noise cameras !

Gazwould Jun 8, 2019

1. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. martin1984

martin1984 Well-Known Member Team Silver TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Will never work as super cars leave the factory louder than so called boy racer mod cars

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. meph137

meph137 Active Member Audi S4 Black Edition

Then they’d get fined in the same way though, whether it’s factory or not they’re still breaking the rules right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. V6Tom

V6Tom Active Member Team V6 VCDS Map User TDi Audi A5 quattro S tronic Coupe Coral Blue

What if somone is loud and triggers it and it takes a pic of someone elses car lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. stbuk

stbuk Member Silver Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition

Won't work, track noise limits are hard enough to monitor and theres no other noise, lorries, echo, weather etc. You could go weird in court talking about air density and humidity. The noise your car makes from the factory. Someone blaring a horn etc, nearby roadworks, an angry crow sitting in the camera etc.

mickyh7 likes this.
  7. mickyh7

mickyh7 New Member

Yep, any decent Lawyer would walk all over it.
    Too many variables.
    No doubt they'll find another way to fleece us though!

8. Dan_G

Dan_G Well-Known Member SQ5 owners group Team Navarra Audi S3

I suspect its rare that car engines, if sticking to the speed limit in an appropriate gear, break this noise limit - even the more exotic stuff.

Its motorbikes that seem to make a hell of a noise, even when driving at 30 - i live on a busy road and cars are not an issue but bikes are the ones that make the windows shake - upgraded cans for bikes are way cheaper than cars so more people do it.

But overall, I cant see this really working.