Speed camera vans Cumbria

motorbikez

Reaction score
Is it just me or are there less scamera vans about in Cumbria since the government started funding this scam by giving the partnerships a grant rather than letting them keep a proportion of the ticket revenue.So now they have not got a financial incentive to catch speeders.

Or is it because the scamera partenership are embarrased that they caught 30,000 speeders last year,4 TIMES more than a force of a similar size.In fact the local MP Eric Martlew says he is going to investigate the scamera partenership to see why they are way out compared to other partenerships.

I would think that the nature of the area ie the lakes etc would contirbute to the amount of speeders in the area with all the tourists and bikes going out for a blast etc.

They must get thousands of extra cars and bikes in the area just for the touristy bits!

Didn't know about the grants now instead of ticket revenue?

JamS3 said:
I would think that the nature of the area ie the lakes etc would contirbute to the amount of speeders in the area with all the tourists and bikes going out for a blast etc.

They must get thousands of extra cars and bikes in the area just for the touristy bits!

Possible but you could say the same for Northumberland.I can honestly say I have not seen a single scamera van in 3 months and I used to see them regularly( every week) on the A6 , M6 and A595, A596 over west Cumbria.

I believe this grant system came in country wide in May.

If you think that you can drive anywhere near the speed limit in a car, in Cumbria during the summer please let me know! There are two many mobile chicanes, sorry caravans... to make progress.

A bike is the only way to go.

Seeing less Talivans in the border region and M74 too..

So all this ******** about partnerships deneying they can keep the money raised from fines seems to be a total lie, otherwise we would see them as much as before the government decided to fund them by grant only.