Speed Camera POI

Sorry if this is going over things covered but I am a little confused! Is there anything simple I can do to get speed cameras on my Mmi? It would be great to have an up to date link direct to download as most in this 11 page thread have expired. Also is there anything for free or do I have to pay the subscription fee to the website that most use? Will it work all over Europe?

Many thanks.

To get a meaningful and up to date Safety Camera data base on a regular basis, you need to join a forum such as:
https://www.pocketgpsworld.com/alternate-subscription.php

OR
The following one for free:
https://www.gps-data-team.com/poi/united_kingdom/safety/index.php

You will see there are too many different types of cameras to mess about with and import, so you can pay a lifetime fee of £10 and get the data file (see on the list) when ever it is updated. It is called:
UK Road Safety POIs
Safety_Alert-UK.bmp
- All in one - All UK speed, red light, variable, bus lane and other road safety camera locations in a single file. Members, please do not edit this file. Any change to this file will be overwritten when we refresh this file content.

Reactions: Ormesome
Just read through these pages and by using the latest version of the app and £20 subscription I manged to upload it very quickly - THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO MADE IT POSSIBLE!

FWIW I managed to add speed cam POI's to my system today, can't find the exact post now but basically followed the instructions on the POI base website after downloading the relevant Audi files for approx €10.

I've only done a quick test round the town, all the cameras seem to show up fine AND I get the audible warning as I approach. I'll be doing a stint on the M25 tomorrow so will be interesting to see what it makes of all the new styles of gantry cameras.

FWIW I managed to add speed cam POI's to my system today, can't find the exact post now but basically followed the instructions on the POI base website after downloading the relevant Audi files for approx €10.

I've only done a quick test round the town, all the cameras seem to show up fine AND I get the audible warning as I approach. I'll be doing a stint on the M25 tomorrow so will be interesting to see what it makes of all the new styles of gantry cameras.

I used POI Base too. Really easy to use and set up. I have a MacBook and couldn't get the other ways to work. The POI Base also works abroad, but I think you have to pay more. I paid 30e in total. I have all of Europe on my MMI and works great. Wish there was a way round the max of 10 categories for arrival message though.

To get a meaningful and up to date Safety Camera data base on a regular basis, you need to join a forum such as:
https://www.pocketgpsworld.com/alternate-subscription.php

OR
The following one for free:
https://www.gps-data-team.com/poi/united_kingdom/safety/index.php

You will see there are too many different types of cameras to mess about with and import, so you can pay a lifetime fee of £10 and get the data file (see on the list) when ever it is updated. It is called:
UK Road Safety POIs
Safety_Alert-UK.bmp
- All in one - All UK speed, red light, variable, bus lane and other road safety camera locations in a single file. Members, please do not edit this file. Any change to this file will be overwritten when we refresh this file content.

Which file did you download? Garmin , Tom Tom??

Thanks

And this shows up on the mmi when I add to poi ?
Something I’ve been meaning to do just not had chance to do it yet

And this shows up on the mmi when I add to poi ?
Something I’ve been meaning to do just not had chance to do it yet

Yep. you just load them to the SD card, go to MMI settings, then use the software update part. It does it automatically. You then have to go in to the Navigation settings and select the POI you want to be shown on the map. Also head over to the Arrival notification if you have it so it bleeps at you when your coming up to a camera etc....

Reactions: reefer110
Yep. you just load them to the SD card, go to MMI settings, then use the software update part. It does it automatically. You then have to go in to the Navigation settings and select the POI you want to be shown on the map. Also head over to the Arrival notification if you have it so it bleeps at you when your coming up to a camera etc....

When you say the Arrival notification beeps when coming up to a camera... How much warning does it give you. My current TomTom unit allows me to set a distance from the camera for the beeps.

When you say the Arrival notification beeps when coming up to a camera... How much warning does it give you. My current TomTom unit allows me to set a distance from the camera for the beeps.

No distance setting allowed. I'm not entirely sure on arrival notification setting. ill let you know tomorrow when I get the normal camera beep on the way to work. I think it might be speed dependant as I sometimes see 100m to a camera when I'm going slowly but then 400m to a boarder crossing which I assume comes on further away as I am going to arrive quicker. It beeps and comes up with a black box, the arrival then has a countdown and it disappears when passed. Icon is shown on the map too.

I downloaded the Garmin one. Only because I used the POI's on my wife's Garmin Sat Nav. No other reason.

thanks
ive followed the link, clicked on the garmin one and im promted to the paypal log in with a fee of £4 ? is this correct . not fussed about paying the £10 for unlimited acces just dont know how to do it

Hi guys, hope you can help, I'm trying to load the speed cameras into my brand new Audi S4 Avant... I paid my £20 for PocketGPS subs and then tried to upload to MyAudi, but I'm getting the following error on myAudi (using a PC):

View attachment 161004

So I then ran the Mcaddy app to download the files to a SD card and load from there, but then I get the following error in the MMI:

View attachment 161005

hi just reading this thread , when i log in to my audi on my pc it looks nothing like yours with the thumb nails to clock on etc ?
have they changed it ?
thanks

thanks
ive followed the link, clicked on the garmin one and im promted to the paypal log in with a fee of £4 ? is this correct . not fussed about paying the £10 for unlimited acces just dont know how to do it
Sorry cannot help you with that. I only ever paid £10 for unlimited access. Anyway I have not used this for a long time because I have cheetah c550 units in both cars.

Is this all cams on the other side of the road/ motorway or could it be picking up those that are meant to be covering both ways?
My wife just got ticket (awareness course) when her cheeta detector told her that the upcoming cam was on the other side, she now realises that it covers both ways .

Hi
All the way over in Australia, Melbourne. I have been trying to find a solution as I do not like Waze filling up the dash and prefer to use the normal Audio Sat Nav.

Is there a corresponding site or file for Melbourne Australia one could use to setup?
I only ask as when I log in to the maps section in Australia, dont have any options for special destinations etc.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,
I used your post since 2 years and it was very usefull, for this I thank you a lot.
Now the bad news is that in the new myaudi portal there is no longer the section where we use to upload the POI,
Do we have any workaround?

Thank you already

Before I buy a pocketgps subscription, does anyone know if the Mcaddy app is working?

Before I buy a pocketgps subscription, does anyone know if the Mcaddy app is working?

I have a working version of the app, yes.

- Aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All

I think the App may have stopped working, does anyone know if it is still working for them?

ah seems to be fixed downloading the latest version.

Upload 2019 6 13 11 58 11

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
There’s an alternative way to doing this now without the programme, I don’t know how to link threads but a recent one on the Audi B9 A4 page has a video included with how you can do it manually.

Reactions: Bells
So just to confirm,

this method does work on the mmi with Navigation even if its not the Big Tech package?
I have the mmi with Navi on the SD Card package (2016 A3).
Not sure, I could trial it on my Dads A3 that hasn’t got the tech package later on and let you know if it works

Using your new file but still getting same error message !!

View attachment 184614

On public/work/uni WiFi by any chance? The app might use certificate pinning, and most of those networks issue their own certificate which would break the app if that's the case
Same problem for me! Even with the new file. I'm on my home network and it used to work...

F

PocketGPSWorld.com System Outage - Monday 10th June

This week our site suffered a serious outage following an attack on the internet service provider (ISP) that hosts PocketGPSWorld.com and CamerAlert.com (as well as many others).

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused to all of you. During the outage access to the entirety of our sites was not possible and CamerAlert users will have been unable to download database updates or subscribe.

As soon as the ISP confirmed that the attack had been thwarted and access to our servers restored the entire team has been working feverishly to get systems back up and running. Because of the nature of the attack the affected servers were wiped And so we have had restore our site from backups and make the many small configuration changes necessary on a large site such as ours to get things back to as they were.

There is no evidence that any customer's data was accessed or compromised and the main sites are now back up and running. However we have not been able to publish a database update this week and are now manually checking all the submissions that were made during the outage.

If you joined or subscribed during the outage and have any issues please log a support ticket and we can resolve these for you.

Services should return to normal next week.

So given that the only issues people seem to have with my app have been due to errors in being unable to download from the PocketGPS site, I'm minded to update the app to build an SD card / USB from a manually downloaded Zip file. I'll take a look over the weekend and see how far I get.

Reactions: oli356
Guyz why u not using simply Waze ? :) best nav app for police , cameras, road crash basically you can input event on the road ..
Shame it won't detect stealth police :(

Guyz why u not using simply Waze ? :) best nav app for police , cameras, road crash basically you can input event on the road ..
MIB1 Techpack Owners don’t have this option as the units don’t support Audi Smartphone Interface (ASI). Not every MIB2 owner has Audi Smartphone Interface activated and not all that do use it due to its limitations for example myself:

-ASI disables 2nd phone support.
-ASI disables maps display within virtual cockpit.
-ADI disables “active” phone data display within virtual cockpit.
-Etc etc

Reactions: AWP

For me it's about having the POIs integrated into the screen in the car, It'd be a hassle to load the relevant app every time, keep the phone powered up etc. I also don't want to have to mount my phone in the car, (essential if your keen to avoid tickets). All relevant phone features safe for use when driving are surfaced through bluetooth.

Reactions: AWP and GeoffT