Speed Camera POI

I wonder what they are really doing on this my.audi site. always something missing. First maps, now it's back. But now personal pois are missing.

I used mcaddy's app when I updated mine the other day.

It automates the whole thing... very easy :)

Well...does it have the cameras for Finland and Sweden? :)

Can someone who has personal POI working please post the web site address after /services/service/*********

So where the * are.

Thanks.

The Special Destinations (personalpoi) URL is no longer published since the refresh of the MyAudi site a couple of weeks ago. I have used Mcaddy's software which works flawlessly but does require a subscription to get the cameras but given its £20 per annum isn't a great hardship. A big thanks to Mcaddy as this must have been a lot of work. It can be found here if anyone is looking for it http://mcaddy.github.io/audipoi/.

As an update I spoke with someone at Audi Customer Support a couple of weeks ago after raising a ticket who didn't even know about Special Destinations. I have since spoken with Audi Tetbury and they think I might need an update to MMI (car is 12 weeks old BTW) to get the Special Destination back (I kind of follow the logic if formats have changed for the face lift). They are following up and I'll let people know the outcome.

Reactions: Rob2k68
@TonyF1 let us know how you get on as I want to add cameras but have been unable to do so since the update.

This sucks that Audi have dropped Personal POI support for existing owners ! ;o(

Should be at least backwards compatible or at least some level of intelligence based on your VIN number to show the appropriate my.audi services.

Just browsed to myAudi and I still have the options and can see all the ones I created the other day? Doesn't seem to have disappeared?

Just browsed to myAudi and I still have the options and can see all the ones I created the other day? Doesn't seem to have disappeared?

Hmmm interesting !!! Without giving your VIN number away do you mind posting the URL of the PersonalPOI page please so what do you have where the * are :-

/services/service/*********

Hmmm interesting !!! Without giving your VIN number away do you mind posting the URL of the PersonalPOI page please so what do you have where the * are :-

/services/service/*********

/services/service/personalpoi

Not sure if that's what's been posted before or not.

You can see it was just only the other day I did mine, 4th July

/services/service/personalpoi

Not sure if that's what's been posted before or not.

You can see it was just only the other day I did mine, 4th JulyView attachment 97327

Thanks for looking ;o)

Mines not having any of it - that URL trick was a neat work around for when the service was missing like it is now. Think I also updated earlier this month just before my pocketgpsworld subscription ran out so not too bothered and there's always the mcaddy app if needed.

Thanks for looking ;o)

Mines not having any of it - that URL trick was a neat work around for when the service was missing like it is now. Think I also updated earlier this month just before my pocketgpsworld subscription ran out so not too bothered and there's always the mcaddy app if needed.
No probs

Really odd though how mine is working and others aren't

Hmmm strange one

I have a 2012 A6 , which has the Tech Pack (Google nav, online traffic etc).

Is it possible to add the speed camera POI to my A6 (have 2 Sd card slots , and Sim slot in dash)?

I am sure there are a lot of A6 owners that would be interested in this

Cheers!

Quattro25years

Just to say I used mcaddy's app on my new A4 and the SD card it created worked fine (just as my A3).

Does anyone know if Mcaddy's app will work on my 2012 B8 A4 with HDD nav? I have SD slots...... Thanks!

The speed camera POIs are still working for me. Just updated.

Thought I'd let people know so they can check theirs if they wish

Does anyone know if Mcaddy's app will work on my 2012 B8 A4 with HDD nav? I have SD slots...... Thanks!
Do you have Audi Connect?

Its strange the POI service is not on the My Audi site. (where you are able to manually upload POIs).

edit - I do have the link its called MyAudi special destinations

Can someone help haha. Can't access Audi POI website and can't use mcaddy's app as I have a mac. Can anyone thats made the file PM me please? :)

Why not use Bootcamp on your Mac and then you can run Windows programs?

Already run bootcamp but sd card driver has been broken since its been updated to windows 10,

Be much easier if someone could ping a file over

Reactions: C39KER
But this would infringe the copyright of the owner of PocketGPS data so doubt that anyone would do this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did anyone get this working on non Tech Pack? I used @mcaddy's app but get this error?? Tried 4 or 5 times now with slight tweeks but always the same. Perhaps his app was just for Tech Pack??
IMG 0632

Did anyone get this working on non Tech Pack? I used @mcaddy's app but get this error?? Tried 4 or 5 times now with slight tweeks but always the same. Perhaps his app was just for Tech Pack??
View attachment 106075

I think I read through the posts on this thread that non tech pack can't take custom POIs and only the tech pack (MMI HIGH) can. I got it working on my tech pack without bother. Read through the first couple pages on this thread... I'm sure someone mentions it

I think I read through the posts on this thread that non tech pack can't take custom POIs and only the tech pack (MMI HIGH) can. I got it working on my tech pack without bother. Read through the first couple pages on this thread... I'm sure someone mentions it
Thanks Amit. Yeah I saw people questioning it but no definitive answer. There is now......it doesn't work unfortunately :confusion:

Reactions: amit87
Tried @mcaddy app last night. Looks really useful but unfortunately on my B8.5 Audi S4 (tech pack high with HDD Sat Nav), it tells me "The crc of the release info is not correct" and doesnt work. Any ideas? Do I need to update my MMI firmware first, or is there a problem with the checksum that the app generated?

Last edited:
Tried @mcaddy app last night. Looks really useful but unfortunately on my B8.5 Audi S4 (tech pack high with HDD Sat Nav), it tells me "The crc of the release info is not correct" and doesnt work. Any ideas? Do I need to update my MMI firmware first, or is there a problem with the checksum that the app generated?

Without knowing how the app works, based on just what you've mentioned about the CRC... I'd attempt to download the release info again if that's an option you have

I would if I could but I dont know where to get it from or what to do with it. I dont have access to the bit on myaudi to generate the files, so the app is all I can try...

Seeing as mcaddy's app only emulates what you can do on myAudi it looks like your car is not compatible if you do not have the option on myAudi. What does your manual say about adding user POIs? Our A1 has a similar system as yours (HDD 3G+) and there is no mention of user POIs unfortunately.

Hi guys,

Has anyone tried to play with the "Arrival Note" under "Navigation Settings"?
It works as expected, a warning shows up in the MMI when you get closed to a POI of a category selected in the warnings list.

I'm not sure if extra categories can be added to this warning list, but even if not, one option would be to file every speed camera POI under a less used POI (for instance, border crossing).

Has anyone tried this?

Attachments

• IMG_2103.JPG
    IMG_2103.JPG
    669.7 KB · Views: 456
Reactions: AL_B and azibux1
Hi guys,

It works as expected, a warning shows up in the MMI when you get closed to a POI of a category selected in the warnings list.

I'm not sure if extra categories can be added to this warning list, but even if not, one option would be to file every speed camera POI under a less used POI (for instance, border crossing).

Has anyone tried this?
Very interesting! May look into this

Does it make an audible tone?

Very interesting! May look into this

Does it make an audible tone?
Yes, similar to the "low gas" warning.

It's very easy to test, just select categories like parking, gas station, or intersections while you're driving and you'll probably bump into something very quickly.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and azibux1
Hi guys,

Has anyone tried this?

I cant find "Arrival Note" in my Nav settings. Do you have the new FL car with MMI2?? If not pls can you advise the tree to this option. ?

Many thx
Jungle

I cant find "Arrival Note" in my Nav settings. Do you have the new FL car with MMI2?? If not pls can you advise the tree to this option. ?

Many thx
Jungle
Or are you from the US/non-UK @Adriano?

Or are you from the US/non-UK @Adriano?

Indeed guys, I'm in Belgium. I also forgot to say that I'm with the new A4 which has the brand new MMI. I thought this would be a feature existing in older versions of the MMI.

The way to access this menu is when looking at the map, access the right menu (context menu), then select "Navigation Settings", and then "Arrival note".

Indeed guys, I'm in Belgium. I also forgot to say that I'm with the new A4 which has the brand new MMI. I thought this would be a feature existing in older versions of the MMI.

The way to access this menu is when looking at the map, access the right menu (context menu), then select "Navigation Settings", and then "Arrival note".
I'll take a look tomorrow maybe but it isn't something I've seen before