Speed Camera detector

The problem with speed limit warnings that you have to set yourself is that in some places the speed limit go up and down so much that you would be forever changing the settings. Sometimes even the variable speed limits on motorway seem to change at every overhead gantry. Parts of the M25 is a classic example.

Too true Dave, it would be great if Audi could incorporate sat nav / sign recognition in to the feature.

Too true Dave, it would be great if Audi could incorporate sat nav / sign recognition in to the feature.

Audi do offer it as a 'no cost option' but you have to have the Technology package (PNQ-£1795)) and Audi active lane assist (PCB - £450) which makes it quite expensive unless you are having those packages anyway. According to the P+S Guide (p75) it displays the current speed limit in the DIS.

Audi do offer it as a 'no cost option' but you have to have the Technology package (PNQ-£1795)) and Audi active lane assist (PCB - £450) which makes it quite expensive unless you are having those packages anyway. According to the P+S Guide (p75) it displays the current speed limit in the DIS.

It has no connection to the cruise control or speed warning systems unfortunately. Seems to go against the "Audi Connect Philosophy".

I did find the speed warning quite useful when I had to drive on the space saver spare (Rated to max 50 mph if I remember correctly).

The problem with speed limit warnings that you have to set yourself is that in some places the speed limit go up and down so much that you would be forever changing the settings. Sometimes even the variable speed limits on motorway seem to change at every overhead gantry. Parts of the M25 is a classic example.

It's not a problem. Had it for 3 years on my last car and it worked fine. You don't have to use it all the time.