Speed camera database

robo1million

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Has anyone managed to load a UK speed camera database into the mmi connect system? Hoping to be able to sort it out - was really easy and able to do it through Renault media nav PC suite for the missus' Clio so am disappointed that I can't do it so easy on my S3 (yet...!!!)

I know it's possible to upload pois into connect or from an sd card but I haven't tried it yet

Check the MyConnect manual for the method required. It specifies "Also available for A3 vehicles with MMI Navigation System plus without Audi connect". It's in the myDestinations section.
Not got mine delivered yet, but it looks as if this won't work with SD card navigation.
You need to load the POI files to the MyConnect website where it will be reformatted and downloaded to an SD card.
You then put the SD card into one of the slots and upload to the MMI from there.
Why it has to be quite so convoluted, I couldn't say.

Check the MyConnect manual for the method required. It specifies "Also available for A3 vehicles with MMI Navigation System plus without Audi connect". It's in the myDestinations section.
Not got mine delivered yet, but it looks as if this won't work with SD card navigation.
You need to load the POI files to the MyConnect website where it will be reformatted and downloaded to an SD card.
You then put the SD card into one of the slots and upload to the MMI from there.
Why it has to be quite so convoluted, I couldn't say.

If this works then well played!!

I know there has been beef with certain manufacturers and the government about Speed Camera POIs as standard on their systems. Basically it Pis*ed the Government off as it meant they wouldn't make as much money from fines. Naughty...

Yeh, I was going to give this a go myself but still haven't got around to it. It is a bit convoluted though! Would be good if it could just get its POIs directly from connect without having to do all the SD card stuff in between.

It would help if the Connect website was stable and actually let you log in!

Yesterday it was "Service Unavailable" and today it gives you "login successful" and then refreshes the login page!

Come on Audi... it's not rocket science.

Reactions: cemerson
It is a complete PITA at times.

Now there are a few more people with Connect... can any of you try the Facebook 'Messages' bit and let me know if that works? Mine never has, and I suspect it's the web service rather than the car...