Speed cam alert and speed road limits on MMI maps

srobins

Reaction score
Hi all

Some great reading on the forum.

I've just taken ownership of an A3 Sline 35 TDI (2022 8Y) and I'm pretty happy so far.

I'd love to use the internal nav maps more but I'm annoyed that there are no speed camera alerts and speed limit signs on the nav and virtual cockpit. Has anyone found a way to add these please? I'd love to use the internal maps more so I can see it in the cockpit.
regards

Steve

Reactions: helicopter_red and thomaslewis
From what i have read the speed limit signs have been removed from the sat nav and you now need to purchase assuming you didnt spec with the car, lots of posts regarding Functions on demand or FOD
I also read there is no way to add POI to the sat nav other than the favourites.
Like you this is something i would like to sort out so please post an update if you find anyway of adding POI to the maps

From what i have read the speed limit signs have been removed from the sat nav and you now need to purchase assuming you didnt spec with the car, lots of posts regarding Functions on demand or FOD
I also read there is no way to add POI to the sat nav other than the favourites.
Like you this is something i would like to sort out so please post an update if you find anyway of adding POI to the maps
Thank you. I’m just hoping that Audi are slow to release these things. There are ways to purchase POI for the previous software so I’m hoping the same will be true for this software. It is annoying that my 2018 A5 had speed signs and my brand new A3 doesn’t. I will just have to keep using Waze until it is sorted.

Thank you. I’m just hoping that Audi are slow to release these things. There are ways to purchase POI for the previous software so I’m hoping the same will be true for this software. It is annoying that my 2018 A5 had speed signs and my brand new A3 doesn’t. I will just have to keep using Waze until it is sorted.
Helicopter_red is quite right if you search Functions on Demand you'll find the solution to add Traffic Sign Recognition by logging into Germany/other countries My Audi

Reactions: srobins
Helicopter_red is quite right if you search Functions on Demand you'll find the solution to add Traffic Sign Recognition by logging into Germany/other countries My Audi
Thank you for this. I’ve just been on the site and it’s possible to buy a few things. Quite expensive. The only problem is that the U.K. is not listed. So I couldn’t purchase a trial

Thank you for this. I’ve just been on the site and it’s possible to buy a few things. Quite expensive. The only problem is that the U.K. is not listed. So I couldn’t purchase a trial
You need to logout, change the country to Germany and then log back in using your details - You will then be able to purchase a trial usually 1 euro

- Google British Embassy in Berlin and use their Zip code and your address and then pay by credit card - They will email you a receipt in German and then when you turn the ignition on it will start to download to the car - I purchased a trial of TCR and then upgraded to full

Reactions: srobins
You need to logout, change the country to Germany and then log back in using your details - You will then be able to purchase a trial usually 1 euro

- Google British Embassy in Berlin and use their Zip code and your address and then pay by credit card - They will email you a receipt in German and then when you turn the ignition on it will start to download to the car - I purchased a trial of TCR and then upgraded to full
Thank you. Will give this a go now

I’ve done it and bought the speed thing for a euro successfully. Where do I find the download or is it already activated?
It'll automatically be ready to download in the car next time you get in.

Reactions: srobins and Sparks43
Great. Will give it a try. Expensive though. I wonder if any non Audi suppliers will show up later

Granted not as cheap as having it from the factory as an option, but it seems the way these car makers are going now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk