Speech control of the RNS-E

s8craig

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.tclsatnav.com
Well I've just tested the newly released software hack for the RNS-E to enable speech control. If you have a Multi Function Steering Wheel and and RNS-E with or without the telephone kit, you can control your NAV/radio/CD etc.

You would need a mic for the any system without a phone kit and a rewire for those people with phone preps.

Hiya Craig,

Firstly a big thanks for the rns-e fitment last week mate, great job and a great bit of kit! :icon_thumright:

Would i be right in thinking that i'll just need the software update and a wire running to the phone mic to get the SDS operative?

Just been reading the SDS features in the (very thick lol!) manual you sorted out for us and it looks to be a neat feature...:cool:

Steve

Steve

You only got the unit fitted last week?? what you been waiting for lol bet you wish you'd had it sooner?
Ian

Craig wish I had a mfsw:bye: Hows the business going?

s8craig said:
Do you have a MFSW? you would require a rewire of the mic routing.

Yeah I do mate, its the silver sportback you fitted on Sat.. Didnt know as you had fitted the Mic etc if I would require the re wire or if it was already done.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris

Yeah I said I had a voice control RNS-E for you, but that had gone, now we can reprogram RNS-E for voice control, but it was after Saturday. Your wiring would need to be redone to add the voice control and then your unit reprogrammed. Also Tel voice control needs to be turned off so the RNS-E controls everything or it clashes.

Ah rite ok then, I will have a think about it, but I tempted, will be in contact shortly with you if thats ok mate!

Cheers

Chris

Hi Craig
I've got mfsw and phone prep with my 07 rns.I dont have any other discs other than the 07 sw.Reading Navplus it says you have to reflash with older sw can I do this with the 07 disk.
Perhaps you could give a little write up on how to update to full SDS as the Navplus forum appears to be a little misleading unless its me being thick.!

Cheers
Mick