Specs of A6 (C5) SE Vs Sport?

reggieroo

Reaction score
Website
www.theirishshop.co.uk
I'm looking at moving from the 1.9TDI 130 A4 that we have to a A6 Avant 2.5 TDI 180BHP.

The A4 that we have is an SE spec but looks boring apart from the 19s I fitted. I was looking at fitting S-Line spoilers, sports suspension etc but now I'm looking for an A6 so won't bother messing with the A4.

Is it the same for the A6 as in SE, Sport, S-line etc?

What should I be looking for if I want looks? Should I be looking for a sport model?

What sort of spec does the SE give you Vs Sport?

If you're looking at the 2.5 tdi 180, then that will be the Quattro which is usually the top spec. I have the avant model, with 6 cd changer, sunroof, climate, MFSW, factory Xenons/ washers . Comes with the sport 17" alloys, but they're quickly changed to 18", also added the roof spoiler and tints. The only thing it didn't have was leather, but I'm not too fused either way with that. Great car :yes::yum::jump:

Last edited:
Does the sport have a lower suspension for example? I have the 19s that are on our A4 to fit on & don't want it looking high like our A4 SE.

It is also the Quattro we are looking at getting.

Last edited:
It will depend a bit on the year but on a 2003 Sport model you got Sports Front Seats with electric height and lumber adjustment, assuming not leather then the upholstery had a light check pattern in the centre sections, fully painted bumpers (SE only had upper half painted body colour), 17" Wheels, Lowered (20mm) and stiffened suspension. If I recall correctly the SE at the time gave your Drivers Information System and Cruise Control that were optional on the Sport.

I suggest you look for a SE model as it will have far more kit than a sport model and many might have the sports, lowered suspenssion anyway. My 99 a6 was a SE spec with fully electric heated leather memory seats, Bose, auto dimming rearview mirror, folding mirrors, cruise, DIS (standard on all high spec C5 audis) and a lot more. The only things it did not have were the 3 spoke sports steering wheel and gearknob + the lowered suspension + turbo/quattro alloys wich were easily sorted over a weekend so now it handles like a sport, looks like a sport and has much more than the sports ever had ! If only this was a quattro i would not even look for another car but i cannot live without quattro so i bought 2: a sports avant 180Bhp quattro and me weekend toy a fully blown b5 v6 tdi quattro !

You've got to get a Quattro, with the best spec you can. Final edition would be a good buy for around £7k?? But depends on your budget I guess. I had 19" on mine and it looked good (pic in my sig, those were 19"Merc alloys with a 35 offset so rubbed a little when going over a very bumpy uk road, pothole etc..,) so you should be ok with a 45 offset.

You should be ok with that sort of cash, just hang out for a good spec with good history..it's a buyers market, but the better cars will command a better price, just keep looking. I took a gamble with mine, but that was 2 years ago, 121k on the clock, but 1 owner and full ASH, for $4.5k, just needed a little paint work to the rear tailgate due to minor scratches and scuffs on bumper from loading etc, but was a bargain as I wanted a sunroof and this came up, so couldn't let it go. I usually get bored and change my cars every year or so, but really happy with this, especially in the snow woohoo, that was fun.

The snow.........I was wondering what a Quattro was like in the snow as the bad weather we get is one reason why I've decided to go for an A6 Quattro rather than a BMW 5 series. We live in a village in the country & the roads don't get gritted in Winter so can be quite bad for the misses on the way to work especially in the mornings.

I found a YouTube vid of an Audi A6 in the snow, I'll post it up here for all to see, I was quite amazed.

Quattro may keep you moving in the snow, but your brakes are still the same as everyone elses. When applied, you slide.

I wish the quattro had a button wich could disable the ABS as i reckon they will stop quicker in deep snow than with the ABS buzzing away !