Special Offer, Unicorn Personal Flasher Android based self tune system

Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi all,

we are running an introductory offer to promote our new self tuning /personal flashing system.

Currently available for Android devices running version 4 and above using the USB accessory mode.

This device allows you to download the map/calibration data from your ECU, and then flash a tuned version that we have prepared.

This is great for Stage 1 type tunes that typically don't need a lot of custom tuning, although we can custom tune if the end user has access to VCDS etc.and can't get to our dyno.

All tunes have had countless hours of development time, on road and dyno.

Currently the system is available for all Diesel cars up to 2008, 2.0TFSI, and S3.

You can freely switch between standard, and 2 performance maps. The 2 performance maps are linear and aggressive versions. Aggressive versions typically offer high midrange torque, which may not suit front drive cars, weak clutches or driving style. Linear versions offer the same peak power, but with a more progressive power delivery.

Exact power outputs vary depending on conditions, dyno etc. Our Dyno Developments based dyno is regularly calibrated and gives realsitic figures which are often lower than a lot of other dynos.

Audi S3 typical dyno:

TDI 140 typical dyno:

Introductory price, £350

Thanks, Rick

Reactions: ruairi83
Facebook video? Wasn't there a better option to host these?

Seeing as I disabled my Facebook account a while back, can't really see them as it wants me to login :(

Seeing as I disabled my Facebook account a while back, can't really see them as it wants me to login :(

I don't blame you lol. You shouldn't need to log in though as it's an open page. It was the easiest thing to link to, if it's causing issues I'll host images separately.

Thanks, Rick

Reactions: leshkin
This sounds very interesting, a great alternative. Would be keen to see this in action.

Hoping to get mine soon

Last edited:
Exact power outputs vary depending on conditions, dyno etc. Our Dyno Developments based dyno is regularly calibrated and gives realsitic figures which are often lower than a lot of other dynos.

wow a truthful tuning company , that don't alter the dyno parameters to make you believe your running more bhp .

wow a truthful tuning company , that don't alter the dyno parameters to make you believe your running more bhp .
How custom could you make this without the car could it be set up to take into account revo CIA , and bcs turbo back exhaust and what sort of figures would I be looking at and would it still be same price.

Dave

Reactions: JudderMan

Absolutely no point in exaggerating etc. You will eventually come un stuck if the car is tested elsewhere, or on the drag strip etc. Often it's just ignorance, for example you can gain 30hp if the wheels lose contact with the rear rollers if the car isn't strapped properly!

Rick

Reactions: Craig Cull and Rhyso
How custom could you make this without the car could it be set up to take into account revo CIA , and bcs turbo back exhaust and what sort of figures would I be looking at and would it still be same price.

Dave

Hi Dave,
if you have VCDS I can make it as custom as you like. Figures - that depends on how much fuel your pump can give, as that's going to be your limit. I'm afraid they vary considerably and we won't know until we start tuning.

Thanks, Rick

Hi Rick

Can I ask what you mean by you need VCDS? Just I have a good friend that runs a garage and has it but what exactly is needed from VCDS for the map? Deleting codes or something else?

I will have a decat and 3" downpipe on in a few days and have a larger TIP and drop in filter. 2.0 tfsi a4 by the way.

Hi Dave,
if you have VCDS I can make it as custom as you like. Figures - that depends on how much fuel your pump can give, as that's going to be your limit. I'm afraid they vary considerably and we won't know until we start tuning.

Thanks, Rick
No vcds

VCDS isn't needed, but it is useful for logging data. If you want a true custom map, then you have to be able to provide logged data so that I can adjust the map depending on the data. VCDS is used to do this.

Rick

This looks very interesting and I'm potentially interested, but does this method support mapping out the CEL after sport cat/decat is installed on the S3? Also, would this work for S-Tronic remaps too?

I would want to get to a Stage 2+ once all required modifications are in place, what would the cost be for subsequent customisation work on the map if I have VCDS and how would this process work?

This looks very interesting and I'm potentially interested, but does this method support mapping out the CEL after sport cat/decat is installed on the S3? Also, would this work for S-Tronic remaps too?

I would want to get to a Stage 2+ once all required modifications are in place, what would the cost be for subsequent customisation work on the map if I have VCDS and how would this process work?

Regarding the CEL after running decatted downpipe i am sure Rick will map it accordingly. So no CEL lights to worry about. regarding S-tronic/DSG remapping ill let Rick comment on that.

Reactions: leshkin
VCDS isn't needed, but it is useful for logging data. If you want a true custom map, then you have to be able to provide logged data so that I can adjust the map depending on the data. VCDS is used to do this.

Rick
Could I use that torque app on android phone for logging data

Like wise for myself looking to end up at stage 2+ the only thing I will be missing by Saturday will be the HPFP if exhaust turns up on Friday.

Dave

Currently, gearbox maps aren't supported sadly. Gearbox torque limiters aren't a problem, but we can't change shift points etc without having access to the car. CEL for cat deletes etc isn't an issue - it will be coded out as needed :)

Rick

Like wise for myself looking to end up at stage 2+ the only thing I will be missing by Saturday will be the HPFP if exhaust turns up on Friday.

Dave
Ordered my cable from Rick last night

Looking forward to be rocking Rick's magic

Cheers @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. If you are able to make modifications to the map remotely after VCDS logs are provided, would you be able to confirm what would the cost be for map modifications after the initial setup is done? I'm keen to make use of the intro offer, but would be nice to have some indication of charges for subsequent tweaks to the map as I'm planning to add to the engine modification list over time.

Please can you explain what this cable is
Can't comment much as I haven't received mine yet. But I think its a OBD 2 cable that connects to your car OBD port and to you Android operated mobile phone or tablet. Rick will send a link to an application that can read/write flash your ECU. Plus it seems like you can also check for DTC codes and clear them (not sure about this tho as I still didn't check it out myself).

Can't comment much as I haven't received mine yet. But I think its a OBD 2 cable that connects to your car OBD port and to you Android operated mobile phone or tablet. Rick will send a link to an application that can read/write flash to your ECU. Plus it seems like you can also check for DTC codes and clear them (not sure about this tho as I haven't received mine yet).
How much does it cost

Ordered my cable from Rick last night

Looking forward to be rocking Rick's magic
Would you please do a write up of what you have to do and like wise when you have the map installed and your views on it, aswell as how easy the process is if possible.

Dave

Would you please do a write up of what you have to do and like wise when you have the map installed and your views on it, aswell as how easy the process is if possible.

Dave

Will do for sure buddy :)

I cant wait actually hope the cable arrives in 3-4 days (hopefully)

Rick what days do you need logging just I could send a file from torque pro. What do you need? 4th gear pull from 2krpm?

Not sure if torque pro is good wnough or give you enough data but not sure.

I'm currently on stage 2 bluefin with revo cai and miltek tbe.

Naturally my next step is pump internals and map, what would be the costs for one of these to get me straight to your stage 2+?

Also my car is dsg, can the torque limiter be removed by your software? I'm not bothered about shift points etc just want the torque limter out.

Regarding torque app, I don't yet know what variables it logs, so as soon as someone plugs it in and gets a list, then we will know how useful it is :)

Scoot Yo:

At the moment, same price, DSG toque limiter can be bypassed, yes.

Rick

Ok thanks. Could you let me know how your stage 2+ mapping compares with revo in terms of power/torque.