Special Edition or Black Edition??

SunnyB

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered but I wanted to check something. I've had a look searching the forum. I'm currently an 8L driver so not so clued-on with the 8P's.

My brothers recently purchased an 07 a3 2.0 T FSI S-Line. The previous owner stated it was an special edition not just s-line. I wanted to see if anyone could clarify this and what exactly it is. The car has only had 1 lady owner from new and she has not had any modifications done. Car is as it was delivered from the dealer.

It has the black grill surround, tinted windows, full 2 tone red/black leather interior, bluetooth, ipod connection, rear parking sensors, bbs speedlines. I was thinking it may be the black edition but not sure if it was avaialbe in 07 and also that it doesnt have darker alloys.

Would be greatful if anyone could shed some light......

Cheers.

Tandridge-20111008-00021.jpg

Tandridge-20111008-00018.jpg

I wasn't aware there was a black edition persay in 2007, but I know they did a 'black pack' (Black grille / tints) which has since evolved to become the black edition and includes different anthracite or rotor style alloys, and current offer includes comes with Nav, Bose and black gloss interior panelling on 2012 models.

I've also never heard of any 'special editions'. There is an SE model, and then the Black Edition, but neither are special editions as far as I am aware.

Happy to be corrected if there was one.

Last edited:
My car is a Black Edition and under the DVLA database, it is registered as a "Special Edition" (Sp Edtn to be precise).

When I run my reg through mycarcheck.com it comes back as an Audi A3 S Line Sp Edtn Tdi 138 (5 Door Hatchback). It's shown on my insurance certificate etc as that too.

The car would be an S-line Special Edition. There is a thread some one covering the difference between this and the standard s-line. I think the s-line special edition has extra options as standard and most of the time the speedlines alloys on. I will see if i can find the thread for you.
SE i think is classed as Special Edition but nothing special about it lol.

SE i think is classed as Special Edition but nothing special about it lol.

Oh I think you're being a touch unfair Ash, it does have (are you sitting down)....a centre armrest AND fog lights with chrome surrounds above the base model (AND I hear the latest one even has a gearshift indicator in the DIS for economy). The generosity of Audi is frankly.....overwhelming.

Oh I think you're being a touch unfair Ash, it does have (are you sitting down)....a centre armrest AND fog lights with chrome surrounds above the base model (AND I hear the latest one even has a gearshift indicator in the DIS for economy). The generosity of Audi is frankly.....overwhelming.

:laugh:

Well my SE use to make me want to cry! Lol i should of never of joined ASN. I was quite happy with my standard SE and not into cars at all. That all soon changed :laugh:

:laugh:

Well my SE use to make me want to cry! Lol i should of never of joined ASN. I was quite happy with my standard SE and not into cars at all. That all soon changed :laugh:

That's pretty amazing, you've gone from an SE to almost building your own S3 in a couple of years - mental, and maximum respect for having the cojones.

Appreciate the update guys, 8P's seems to get a bit baffling when it comes to different ranges / specs. 8L's are nice and easy to figure out.

Appreciate the update guys, 8P's seems to get a bit baffling when it comes to different ranges / specs. 8L's are nice and easy to figure out.

Haha they do i think the s-line special editions only came out after 2006 and are not that common.
A member called PNH80 had a s-line special edition may be worth having a look at threads he started sure the one im thinking about he started. Good luck

That's pretty amazing, you've gone from an SE to almost building your own S3 in a couple of years - mental, and maximum respect for having the cojones.

Cheers Warr :happy: S3 front bumper, S3 side skirts when i get them and engine when its fitted. Will stop then with the S3 stuff and go a bit more custom. Will still be cheaper than me buying an S3 3years ago :laugh: Dont want to make an replica just a slightly different A3. And the S3 by far the best front bumper you can get. Much more aggressive than the A3 ones.