Special edition doors vs regular doors

• Thread starter Deleted member 138002
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 138002

Evening all,

The drivers side doors on my special edition have been poorly repaired and repainted at some point in the cars life, and there is rust all along the seam where the door skin meets the frame. As it's quite extensive, I'm going to replace the two doors with known good used ones, and have them repainted.

On the mk2 special edition, there is no chrome around the doors, just black rubber seals. Are the doors any different at all because of this, or would a chrome trimmed door accept the black rubber seal that you find on the special edition?

Normal:
lAfjQNi.jpg

Special edition:
OnHzUhV.jpg

Best Regards
Ben

Evening all,

The drivers side doors on my special edition have been poorly repaired and repainted at some point in the cars life, and there is rust all along the seam where the door skin meets the frame. As it's quite extensive, I'm going to replace the two doors with known good used ones, and have them repainted.

On the mk2 special edition, there is no chrome around the doors, just black rubber seals. Are the doors any different at all because of this, or would a chrome trimmed door accept the black rubber seal that you find on the special edition?

Normal:
lAfjQNi.jpg

Special edition:
OnHzUhV.jpg

Best Regards
Ben
On my car,special edition avant i have the trim around the windows the same as any other a4, but the normal chrome chrome trim is matt black?

My special edition has chrome trim as standard. Thought the only one with black trim is the black edition

On the B7 the special edition 220 the mk1 version (best one) came with ronal alloys and with chrome brightwork around doors and radiator grill.
When the Mk2 was released it came with lemans style wheels , black rad surround and black door/window trim, was known as the black optic pack but wasn't an option , it came with it from the factory.

Thanks for the info Rob, still same doors for Mk2 Special Edition yeah?