Special Destinations - online update

adamcooke

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've added a few custom POIs into the myAudi special destinations list (nothing fun - just a few supermarkets) and hit "Send to Vehicle" but when trying to update online in the car I always see "Error accessing update server".

This is a MY17 A4 with embedded SIM so I would have thought it would be using this to access the data online. There's LTE and plenty of signal on the connection.

Has anyone else seen this?

Many thanks!

Adam

Lots of us seem to have this but, if your settings are correct, then it does work sometimes.

Reactions: adamcooke
Oh good. I'll keep trying and grab an SD card to use in the mean time.

Ok, unfortunately I can't test it as my car is still in for repair...

I'm afraid it has never worked on my MY17. In the grand scheme of things it's not a major issue, but what concerns me is nobody in Audi knows how to fix it.

I'm afraid it has never worked on my MY17. In the grand scheme of things it's not a major issue, but what concerns me is nobody in Audi knows how to fix it.

This does seem to be quite a frequent occurrence, Audi having features that don't work but nobody knows how to make them work.

Fortunately, excluding the buggy as hell Carplay, things have mostly worked for me although I've only had the car 3 weeks.

I found via sd card to be hit and miss, but USB works every time

Popped it all onto a USB drive, went to the car, didn't recognise the FAT-32 formatted drive. But... I tried an online update again and it worked fine. Downloaded the file & installed it all nicely.

What I have often found with the 'online update' is it takes a while for the car to connect to Audi's services - usually 2-3 minutes, which might be where you are running into the issue.

I often find that when I want to navigate to a destination I have entered in My Audi, and it can be frustratingly slow to do so at times as I want to get moving, but the car is still getting connected and then you have to wait for the destinations to sync... :(