Spec Stage 3+ clutch

Nice to hear that! Can you make it oversteer using the trottle? With the stage2+ is quite complicated unless the tarmac is wet (I have the Haldex controller too :rolleyes:) I am thinking about upgrading the turbo of my S3, but I am a bit concerned as I do an important milleage...
I do about 14 000 miles a year,and it has to be totally reliable,so it's been built with that in mind,and hasn't disappointed so far.
Oversteer is easy enough,and even in a straight line on a dry road the TC will come on up to 3rd gear,until the tyres are really hot....the amount of torque now is crazy compared to before,but part of the point behind an overkill clutch was for some future increases.

Last edited:
What power you running then S3Alex?
All I've got right now is that the dyno crapped out at 480bhp with a fair bit more to go.

There was some issue with the dyno which we couldn't reproduce on the road,where the ECU was pulling load and timing,which it doesn't do on the road at full throttle,and part of it seemed down to the Haldex,but what I do need to do is to run it on an eddy current dyno instead.

We do know from another car running the exact same setup but MINUS water/meth,that 2bar equates to around 520bhp.

However,given that it's a lot faster than it's previous runs at 1.7bar and 480bhp,and now runs 2bar,it's in the 500bhp ball-park somewhere.

Wow alex thats great news 500 bhp ,did you sort out the tc ..

Same power range as my R32 then. If you want to try some road legal track tyres ( Toyo R888, Federal 595RS-R etc ) i have several new and used for sale that will sort out your traction issue.

Same power range as my R32 then. If you want to try some road legal track tyres ( Toyo R888, Federal 595RS-R etc ) i have several new and used for sale that will sort out your traction issue.

That's very kind.
Thank you!

Are the R888s a lot better than the R1Rs?

Wow alex thats great news 500 bhp ,did you sort out the tc ..
It's purely down to torque overcoming grip on cold tyres(the R1Rs) or inadequate tyres(the PS3s),but right now,the rain is sufficient to slow me down anyway!
Mikey has very kindly offered a set of R888s,but I may have to wait until the floods recede.