Speaker upgrade

H

Holzor

I have a 2011 A1 sline, I’m looking to upgrade the door speakers front and back. I still have the standard speakers currently. I went to Halfords and asked for the size measurements. However I heard through other people that their information may not be correct.
So I wondered if anyone can tell me the actual size speakers that I need?

Bought a pair and fitted them working fine, no idea if thats true or not, I'm not disappointed with mine and they have worked fine, no nasty high pitch make your teeth grind and the cross over does its job

Reactions: Cockneyrick
I've delved a little deeper & it looks like they really are fakes.
At no time have Alpine sold this model number, & certainly not for as cheap as a tenner!
So having taken that as true, next Q: can you tell me what & how to replace rear speakers in a 3 door? Only info i can find anywhere is for the 5 door!

Sorry mate mines the sportback so 5 Door, and if you read all of my fitment guide you'll see I disconnected mine in the rear and installed 3 way 6x9s in the rear shelf as the amp I fitted would have killed the standard poor quality speakers in the rears. I would imagine the 3 door cars have the speakers in the rear panels, so its rear seat out and then remove the rear panels. So now were pretty sure ? the tweaters I bought were fake ? so just use another make of tweater and your good to go, any more info give me a shout.

And more digging, they are copies of an older Alpine tweeter series. That's why they're getting away with it.
So technically they're Alpine but are still fake.... of sorts lol.
I'll have a look at rear 1/4 panel & see how difficult it looks, or go same route as you ;-)

Reactions: Kernow A1