Speaker Upgrade

Clunge

Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance but I've tried the search and cant find my answer... (blind no doubt)

I have stupidly left off any speaker upgrades on my recent order and its now too late, or so I'm told, to add the *** to my order.

What I'd like to know is will a simple speaker upgrade improve the sound quality or is it essential to add an amp/sub? I don't want anything stupidly loud its just reading peoples comments on the standard system im now rather worried and fell silly I did not at least add the *** for only £200 odd.

Any help or pointers to a relevant thread would be awesome.

You could always do what @C2 DTN has done and add a B&O subwoofer. I think he said it cost £250 in total. The subwoofer is only £90 from Audi. That will improve the sound/volume a lot, as the speakers won't be working as hard producing bass, the subwoofer will take up the role of bass.

You could always do what @C2 DTN has done and add a B&O subwoofer. I think he said it cost £250 in total. The subwoofer is only £90 from Audi. That will improve the sound/volume a lot, as the speakers won't be working as hard producing bass, the subwoofer will take up the role of bass.

Yeah that makes sense... don't suppose there is a guide on here for that is there? I'm assuming adding a sub I'd also need an amp or would this somehow run off the MMI system?

Yes you need a separate amp. I tapped into the rear audio channels on the back of the head unit and put the amp under the boot floor at the side of the space saver. The b&o amp and the new bolt to hold it in the wheel came from Audi.