speaker replacement

mark holloway

Reaction score
HI all, I have the Audi Sound System fitted on my A3 cabriolet and the front driver door speaker seems to be vibrating/blown, any idea if the speaker grill pops off without taking the whole door card off?

The door card has to come off but it’s rather simple and takes maybe like 5 mins...

From memory, there are three Torx screws to remove - two behind the speaker grille which you have to pop out first then another under the door handle. Then, preferably using a spudger, gently work your way around the edge to pop the card off the clips. Worth just checking the tightness of the internal screws if you've got the card off, I found a couple of loose ones that were causing a buzz.

From memory, there are three Torx screws to remove - two behind the speaker grille which you have to pop out first then another under the door handle. Then, preferably using a spudger, gently work your way around the edge to pop the card off the clips. Worth just checking the tightness of the internal screws if you've got the card off, I found a couple of loose ones that were causing a buzz.
two screws behind grill, one under grab handle. to remove the grill use a trim tool on the edge away from where it meets the handle. Its clipped top middle and bottom along that edge. Once popped pivot the grill towards you and it will unhook from the opposite side. If you don't do this it will break.