Speaker problem (Audi Sound System)

Nicolas_

Reaction score
Recently bought a used Audi A4 Avant B8 2012 with Audi Sound System in it. I encountered an odd issue with the speakers right after I'd bought the car. Didn't pay attention to it while I took it for a test drive.

I suddenly noticed my left ear felt "clogged" when I was playing music. I also felt there was a lack of that "filling deep bass" which I had in my previous A4. I started to search for the cause of this issue and noticed driver sides speaker doesn't have as clear and deep sound as the other side which makes the sound unbalanced. All the audio settings are correct and the speaker itself plays sound okay but somewhat weakly compared to the other side. I played with the balance settings and the difference between sides is noticeably. On the passengers side you can hear that nice deeper bass which the speakers usually provide.

Has any of you guys had anything similar and what's been the cause of this issue? Listening to music with this problem makes driving uncomfortable. I already want to thank you beforehand!

Last edited:
Could be a bad connection on that side you could check with door card off.

Just a guess mind ....

Best way is to remove the door card and check, could be blown perhaps?
When I purchased my A4, the right hand side door tweeter and front right dash speaker didn't work. Opened it all up and discovered they were missing completely.

If you have VCDS / access to VCDS you can do individual speaker output tests to help diagnose but unfortunately it's probably a door-card off job to investigate why it's not working properly.

Door card off is actually a pretty easy job, I did it a few month ago to replace central locking actuator, but be careful with the trim clips and maybe get a few spare as they're not the strongest..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182455040179