spare key

There are several Audi remote key suppliers around now, even Timpsons shoe shops do them but not every branch, check out there website. I have a key supplier only 150yds from my house, lucky me. The independants will be cheaper but not by much, as usual shop around.

Sorry to hijack..I was looking I to this myself. I already have a spare blade cut and have already got a replacement plip remote. Can I re code it myself via vcds lite?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Do you have to supply them the code or will they source it? I don't have the tag with the code it didn't come with the car. Guessing audi would be my only option if that's the case.

Let us know how you get on and the all important price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timpsons can't code all keys only some variants. They said couldn't do mine altho another independent place said he could do it but not cheap. Want to know if this can be easily done via vcds??

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

my local timpsons can,t do this....there,s one in- braehead..and another in glenrothes ..for around £150 which seems a bit steep for a car key..so ill have to put this on the back burner....there is as said above, a member on the site who travels and does keys.....might get in touch if he,s in my neck of the woods........

£150 will be cheaper than a main dealer, trust me.

Reactions: Sandra
I'm getting a spare sorted atm. Vcds can't do it. I got a blade off eBay and cut £10 all in Audi want £70 just for blade. The key was about £150 inc vat I asked for trade and got 10%. Going to cost about £60 to code it. I also got a valet / back up key with new transponder off eBay Germany which they will code so I have a full set. Going in next sat to code.

Sorry that's for an a4 b8. If you use dealer you will need to take two forms of id the cars v5 and two utility bills and pay before they will order.