Spare key fob for 2015 A4 cost

Feemy

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have just recently purchased an Audi A4 from a dealer but it only comes with one key fob, no emergency key either. It's had 2 previous owners so I'm guessing somewhere along the line they lost/didn't forward the spare keys.

I know Audi will probably charge in excess of £300 including the programming which is just ridiculous.

I'm not so fussed about the emergency key, so really I'm just looking to get an extra key fob made and programmed.

Does anyone know of any reputable auto locksmiths in the London area that can do this at a reasonable price?

Car Keys Solutions in Enfield have quoted £245 Inc VAT and they come to my location, cut key and programme it.

Any other options?

TIA

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Tbh the keys aren't cheap, is it keyless.

Tbh the keys aren't cheap, is it keyless.
Yes it is keyless. Marshall Audi Bromley quoted a figure of £317.50 (Inc VAT and labour) and the key takes 5-10 days to arrive from Germany where they are cut. Seriously?!

I guess all modern cars have keyless entry and the programming etc costs quite a lot (£200+)

It takes 5-10 days as it comes from Germany precut & coded ready to be completed coding to the car by a dealer or alternative company, keyless are expensive & tbh given a keys missing, the existing will be reprogrammed too which removes worry about a key in the wild as that missing one will no longer function for your car.

You won't get it much cheaper tbh, £245 is ok, I personally always use Audi for security purposes.

Reactions: V6_Man and ed1119
It takes 5-10 days as it comes from Germany precut & coded ready to be completed coding to the car by a dealer or alternative company, keyless are expensive & tbh given a keys missing, the existing will be reprogrammed too which removes worry about a key in the wild as that missing one will no longer function for your car.

You won't get it much cheaper tbh, £245 is ok, I personally always use Audi for security purposes.
Thanks very much for your advice. Really appreciated.

I had this problem when I got my A4. I ended up buying and emergency key and holder to get me out of trouble if needed. Cost £72 for the key and holder then £60 to get it coded at audi.

PM sent.

Had this guy I found on fb meet me at my mates garage and cut and coded a full 3 button key to my car for £80.

Wasnt keyless though and perfect for a spare.

Last edited:
Just note the emergency key is not the full key, has no remote locking abilities, only door barrell & ignition with the adapter & tbh, £140 & pay another £100 for a full key, I know my choice.

Reactions: Feemy
Just note the emergency key is not the full key, has no remote locking abilities, only door barrell & ignition with the adapter & tbh, £140 & pay another £100 for a full key, I know my choice.
Precisely what I was thinking

I paid £140 for a brand new audi fob and key cut from a local firm in Newcastle but mine ain't keyless ...